Wasc ????

Baking By tiggerjo Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 4:05pm by TexasSugar

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

I think everyone is allowed a dumb question now and then. Here goes mine. icon_redface.gif Sure wish I could do this annonimously...........when using this recipe, are you suppose to follow the directions on the box and then add the extra ingredients or just the ingredients and the dry cake mix? I have made this several times but never tasted it until the other day and thought the texture was wrong.

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:30pm
post #2 of 5

It depends on how the recipe is written out. I can't remember how it is on here, but if it has the eggs and oil and water listed in the ingredients then you wouldn't need to add what it calls for on the box as well. If it just has the extras then you would need what is called for on the box.

Can you link to the recipe you are using?

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 5

texas sugar...
1 cake mix
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 sm box instant pudding
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
dash of salt
1 Tbsp flavoring
1 cup liquid

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 5

I use a very similar recipe and you only add the dry cake mix. I have had nothing but great results. HTH

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

For that recipe I would just use those items and not add what is called for on the box.

I noticed that there is no oil in that recipe. Also when using doctored recipes and pudding I have always added 4 eggs.

What is the texture like?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%