Need Mocha &/or White Choc Buttercream Recipe Asap

Baking By Roxybc Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 12:49pm by KHalstead

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:03pm
post #1 of 4

I've got an order for some cupcakes tomorrow, and I'd like to use a mocha or white chocolate frosting on them. Can anyone suggest a really good recipe that's suitable for piping please? The cake base will be chocolate.

Thanks!

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 4

Are you wanting a powdered sugar/crisco based buttercream or a meringue based buttercream? I make SMBC and add 1/2 melted white chocolate...I also do the same for crusting buttercream.

I've also used International Delight White Chocolate Mocha liquid coffee creamer in place of milk in Indydebi's buttercream receipe.

Roxybc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roxybc Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:28pm
post #3 of 4

I'm looking for a butter based frosting that doesn't involve any coffee creamers, or anything that's not in regular buttercream. The receipe needs to have normal stuff like icing sugar, milk, whipping cream etc - you know just the stuff in regular buttercream. I live in the UK and we don't have access to any puddings, coffee creamers, fancy choc chips etc.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:49pm
post #4 of 4

sub the water or milk in your chocolate bc recipe for strong espresso for a mocha icing

for white chocolate icing, just add 1 oz. per cup of icing of melted, cooled white chocolate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%