Do White Cake Cirlcels Hold Up?

Decorating By adven68 Updated 1 May 2010 , 7:29pm by Ellie1985

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 11:11am
post #1 of 7

I've always used the gold foil cake circles between tiers but I always have to trim the scalloped edge so that they don't show.

What is your experience with the white circles? I imagine they get "greasy", but do they get soft or compromised in any way?

thanks!

6 replies
ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 11:25am
post #2 of 7

I use them on every cake, even wedding cakes. I like the wax coated ones best, but I bought several cases of the non waxed at a auction and have been using them. Ive never had a problem.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 11:29am
post #3 of 7

Before I started using masonite between my tiers, I used the unwaxed cardboard circles, and I never had a problem. This is what they are meant for!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 11:47am
post #4 of 7

It's all I ever use. If I have a heavy cake or just want a a more decorative looking cakeboard, I tape 3 or 4 of them together and cover with whatever fabric or paper I'm using and cover the edge with matching ribbon.

But to answer your question, yes they hold up fine.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:49pm
post #5 of 7

The unwaxed ones are fine, but they sometimes will collect more moisture than the waxed ones. I'll use either, but prefer the waxed. This is what I use for every tiered cake I do.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone....I will stock up on them and save the time of cutting the gold ones! icon_biggrin.gif

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 1 May 2010 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 7

At GFS you can buy pizza circles for $12-$13 depending on the size for 100 of them.
They are just like the Wilton ones that cost $6-$8 for 4 or 5.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%