Cricut Cake In Costco

Decorating By devorie Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 1:36am by patrice2007

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:57am
post #1 of 10

Just got the new Costco magazine and it's showing the Cricut Cake. While I personally ended up getting a more high end machine, I am kind of feeling bad for everyone that paid 339 + shipping when Costco has it for 299.99 - delivered!

On another note, every Tom, Dick & Harry and their female counterparts will be getting this machine. Time to brush up on my piping skills.

9 replies
rlc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlc23 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:03am
post #2 of 10

What is the higher end machine that you got?

katwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:36am
post #3 of 10

are you in the USA, I am in Canada and I was wondering what dept it would be in as I do not get a magazine, so I have to looked on the costco.ca site and it was not there, I looked on the costco.com site and the only one I found was for scrapbooking. I am new to all this is there a difference between the scarp booking one and the one everyone is talking about to use for cakes? please help me to know the diffence.

Firewife54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firewife54 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 10

I don't think you get the extra frosting sheets or the Elegant cakes cartridge with the Costco deal though.

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 10

WTH?!?!?!?! Now I'm pissed. I knew the Cricut Cake would be cheaper soon, elsewhere. Thank goodness I didn't buy it yet but now I really need to try and sell my used 1 time, already modified Cricut Expression that I''m still make payments on. DARN IT!!! It's cheaper than what I paid for the Expression. That really bites!. I Just sent my Craigslist add out. Wish me luck.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:15pm
post #6 of 10

Yeah, I think I'll just wait until the average cake mogul decides cake decorating is more than just slapping some gumpaste/fondant on the sides of a cake and sticks their cake cricut in a garage sale or classifieds!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christeena

Yeah, I think I'll just wait until the average cake mogul decides cake decorating is more than just slapping some gumpaste/fondant on the sides of a cake and sticks their cake in a garage sale or classifieds!

Girl....Im with yah !!

NurseStacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NurseStacy Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorie

On another note, every Tom, Dick & Harry and their female counterparts will be getting this machine. Time to brush up on my piping skills.

Just a question, but who cares if other people use this machine? I've noticed other people on here, who have purchased this machine, complain about how so many other people will be able to decorate cakes. I don't get it????

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 10

Oh, I don't care if other people decorate cakes or not! I just think that with the popularity of the cake shows, people who haven't even touched a cake pan or whipped up some icing before will get the cake Cricut and think they can magically create cakes like Lindy Smith! You can bet that some will end up on Craigslist and in garage sales! I'm patient-I'll wait!

patrice2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrice2007 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:36am
post #10 of 10

Not to stray to far from the discussion on cricut. But has anyone tried the Slice Machine? I just picked it up at Michael's today for 30% off and before I open the box (that then can not be returned) I would like to hear from anyone who has tried it. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%