Looking For A Super Fine Tip Edible Ink Pen

Decorating By drakegore Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 10:10pm by BlakesCakes

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:41am
post #1 of 9

i have the AMERICOLOR GOURMET WRITERS, which i bought because they were supposed to be fine tip. not very fine, imho icon_smile.gif. i need to write words in fine script, does anyone know of a brand food writer with very fine tip?

thanks!
diane

8 replies
HauteCoutureCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HauteCoutureCookies Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:58am
post #2 of 9

I just bought a set from KopyKakes. It has super fine on one end and regular on the other. They're great! It was only $8.95 for 10...

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:16am
post #3 of 9

I agree, the fine tip on the KopyKake edible markers is very nice.

Rae

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:15am
post #4 of 9

I just got some KopyKake edible markers and used them for the first time tonight. I think I got a crap batch or something because they didn't seem to work very well. Seemed dry or something? And one of them leaked in the bag. Boo.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:31am
post #5 of 9

I just use a fine paint brush and the food color right out of the bottle.

BlakesCakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:37am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmom

I just got some KopyKake edible markers and used them for the first time tonight. I think I got a crap batch or something because they didn't seem to work very well. Seemed dry or something? And one of them leaked in the bag. Boo.

I think you definitely got a bad batch. I've had mine for over a year. I store them in the fridge and they work perfectly every time I use them.

How long have you had them?

Did you buy them directly from KopyKake? Even if you didn't, I'd e-mail them. They're very nice and easy to work with.

Rae

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:27pm
post #7 of 9

do the kopycake pens write as fine as a regular ball point pen? or am i just asking for the moon icon_smile.gif?

diane

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 9

I literally just got them a day or two before I used them. I didn't order directly from them, though. I got them from one of the places that shall not be mentioned tapedshut.gif ever at CC! I haven't had any problems with this place, but maybe that was the problem in this case! Hmmm....

BlakesCakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:10pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahsmom

I literally just got them a day or two before I used them. I didn't order directly from them, though. I got them from one of the places that shall not be mentioned tapedshut.gif ever at CC! I haven't had any problems with this place, but maybe that was the problem in this case! Hmmm....

Ah Ha.............Doubt you'll get any satisfaction from THEM, but try contacting KopyKake--they really are nice. Explain how you came by them. Maybe they can offer you replacements for the cost of shipping.

To the previous post, Yes, the fine point end writes similar to a Bic ballpoint pen.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%