Fondant Cakes - Refrigerate Or Not??

Decorating By CKKakes Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 4:31am by CKKakes

CKKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CKKakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:37am
post #1 of 4

Hello all!

I've been decorating cakes for about 9 months now. I cover my cakes in MMF. I always decorate and refrigerated my cakes the night before they're do. I've read that a lot of cake artists do not refrigerate after applying fondant. I'm in fear that if I have a filling that has dairy it may spoil.

What do you all do in this case? Is it safe to leave out over night??? I'd like my fondant to be soft and yummy.

Thank you all in advance!

Carla

3 replies
HauteCoutureCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HauteCoutureCookies Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:53am
post #2 of 4

if you do refrigerate you will have to take it out in advance of delivery to allow for the condensation to evaporate so that you will not be submitting a damp, sticky cake. It will be fine after that. I've done this just to test it and see for myself. HTH

ZoesMum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZoesMum Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:30am
post #3 of 4

I think it really depends on your climate and your refrigerator...I have refrigerated all my cakes, and have never even had a hint of condenstation...no damp and sticky cakes, even right after removing them. I always take them out hours before anyways, cause I'm not a fan of cold cake!

CKKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CKKakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:31am
post #4 of 4

I usually take my cakes out for a while before I deliver. I live in CO...I get some condensation but not much. It's good to know that both of you refrigerate your cakes to.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%