For Those Of You Who Do Scrapbooking / Have A Cricut.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 5:49pm by BakingGirl

BakingGirl Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 4

I was looking online for a scalloped edge paper punch to make a label for a cookie treat. I found loads online and lots of others that I would like to have. It made me think that it would be better to have a punch with inter-changeable dies. Is that essentially what a Cricut machine is?

3 replies
BakingGirl Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 4

Anybody?? Please, don't make me beg now! icon_biggrin.gif

bcake1960 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 4

yep... that is what a cricut is...I found that using Sure Cuts a lot works better for me than using the cartridges for the cricut.. you just find what you like design wise and import that svg file into SCAL then you can size to what you want and cut.. I was cutting the first night I got mine.. and love all the cupcake wraps out there.. its endless what you can do with a cricut.. you can design your own if you have inkscape.. google Cricut or Sure cuts a lot and there are all kinds of tutorials.. good luck

BakingGirl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for the info.

Is there any basic cartridge packages you cannot live without? I am trying to figure out what I should start with, if I do go ahead and buy one.

And, not wanting to unleash another food safety debate here, can you use your Cricut interchangeably between paper and fondant/gumpaste?

Quote by @%username% on %date%