16 Oz Mini Marshmellows

Baking By katwo Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 1:29am by katwo

katwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwo Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone tell me how many cups 16 ounces, after a long day I not only cannot think but cannot find it either, I would like to try and make the chocolate MMF.
Thank you

8 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 9

16oz is 2 cups

katwo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:20am
post #3 of 9

Does 16 ounces of mini marshmellows equal the same as liquid cups? I thought I read somewheres that its different,, I was thinking it would be around the 8 cup ratio for mini marshmellows.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:32am
post #4 of 9

16 ounces of liquid is 2 cups. you need to pour the marshmallows into a cup and measure them out. liquid measure and solid measure are two different things......

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:37am
post #5 of 9

Not sure if it helps but it is also about 454 grams. They usually come in a bag that size. Poured into a measuring cup it is WAY more than 2 cups.

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:39am
post #6 of 9

8 cups may be about right.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:40am
post #7 of 9

16 oz of marshmallows is approx 8 cups. The bag of marshmallows I use is about 3lbs and I am able to get three 8 cup measures of marshmallows out of it. I just use my 8 cup measuring cup.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:56am
post #8 of 9

when a recipe calls for 16 oz of marshmallows, they're talking about a weight measurement. You need to either buy a 16 oz bag or get a scale to weigh your marshmallows out. Or you can figure it out by taking the total ounces the bag is and dividing that by how many cups are in the bag.

weight ounces are not comparable or uniformly convertible to volume ounces (cups) at all. 16 weight ounces of marshmallows will fill a whole lot more cups than 16 weight ounces of beans will.

If a recipe calls for ounces, they generally mean weight. If they use cups, they mean volume. Even though a cup equals eight ounces, it is eight volumetric ounces, not eight weight ounces.

katwo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:29am
post #9 of 9

I just thought I would try it with 8 cups of mini marshmellows and the rest of the reciepe and it seemed like it was the same consistence as the other MMF I made last night. will see tomorrow when I go to use it, ( I have back up just in case). Thank you to all that helped.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%