Storing Question

Decorating By chefdot Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm by chefdot

chefdot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefdot Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 5

OK, so if I bake a cake tonight and don't need to decorate it till Friday (2 days away) is it better to wrap in seran wrap and store in the fridge or just in room temperature ok? I don't want to dry out the cake and just keep it moist and in the past I have kept it just room temperature but not for more than overnight.

Thanks in advance for help and advise.

4 replies
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 5

Yes if you wrap the cooled cake in saran wrap well and keep it nice and cool, it should be fine. Also it does depend on the ingredients in the cake. You always have to think about any food posioning situation. I have never had a problem and my cakes will stay really fresh and delicious.

chefdot Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 5

sounds good, thanks lisamenz

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:31am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdot

OK, so if I bake a cake tonight and don't need to decorate it till Friday (2 days away) is it better to wrap in seran wrap and store in the fridge or just in room temperature ok? I don't want to dry out the cake and just keep it moist and in the past I have kept it just room temperature but not for more than overnight.

Thanks in advance for help and advise.

If its for a couple of days, I would wrap in Glad seal and wrap and freeze - you will extend the life of the cake.

chefdot Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 5

I don't want to freeze it since it will be only one day later that I need to decorate it. I am just keeping them wrapped well at room temp. I think I have done it before and they were fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%