I Made A Cake For Louis Vuitton!! The Actual Company!!

Decorating By RobzC8kz Updated 3 May 2010 , 2:55am by JenniferMI

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 9

I just delivered it yesterday, but am still so excited over it! LOL! I know that many professionals are probably so used to doing cakes for big clients, but this is my first "big" client! I just started decorating "professionally" myself about 3 months ago when I took a job at a bakery as their Cake Artist. Prior to that, I was a hobbyist!!

The actual cake is not as "spectacular" as everyone might be thinking, but it is exactly what they wanted and within their budget! I had proposed a 3D steamer trunk, but after much negotiation, they decided to go with a "representation" of the steamer trunk vs. the actual replica.

I made stencils to cut the logos out of fondant, and used modeling chocolate to cover the cake to best simulate leather. Chocolate fondant was too dark, so I had to learn how to use modeling chocolate!! Not an easy feat to learn ahead of time!! But, I'm much more familiar with the product....NOW! LOL!

What's important is that I executed it cleanly and the client loved it and raved about the look and taste of the cake!! Maybe next time I'll be able to make a purse for them!!

I hope I'm not bragging!! But I had to share this with my "C.C." family!!

Thanks everyone!!

Rob

8 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 9

LOL of course you have to brag this is the place to do it! Congrats on such a wonderful job with a terrific company. So did u take pics? pls share if you did.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 9

"within their budget".... times must be hard if LV had to skimp on a budget but CONGRATS, must have been very exciting for you!

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:15pm
post #4 of 9

Congratuations! icon_biggrin.gif Very nice, clean cake.

CbyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CbyA Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #5 of 9

CONGRANTS!!! icon_smile.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 9

Well I went into your photos and saw the cake great job!

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 9

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You came to the right place to brag icon_smile.gif GOOD FOR YOU!!! I can imagine how excited you must be.Where are the cake pictures??? Thanks for sharing your achievement with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs-A

"within their budget".... times must be hard if LV had to skimp on a budget but CONGRATS, must have been very exciting for you!

bwahahaha!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing.Darn economy got LV too... icon_rolleyes.gif
-h

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:30pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks everyone!

To address the "budget," the cakes (2 identical cakes for the same event) were for the Grand Opening of their new manufacturing/production facility in Ontario, California, and apparently the expense was, at last count, $1million over the estimate!! So, the catering budget, in comparison, was closely monitored.

But don't worry!! I still got paid a very fair price that we were both comfortable with!

Hopefully next time I'll be asked to make them a purse!! =0)

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:55am
post #9 of 9

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%