Anyone Heard Of The Wizard??

Decorating By Amanda621 Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 7:44pm by all4cake

Amanda621 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda621 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 9

I was talking to a co-worker (who is an avid scrapbooker) the other day about the Cricut and she mentioned the Scrapbooking Wizard. Has anyone ever heard of it? Or used it? Would it work for caking like the Cricut does? It's "cheap" (only $130 according to the link) so I would LOVE to play with this since I am not willing to pay for the Cricut, as long as it did the same stuff. Anyone know?

http://scrapbooking.families.com/blog/product-review-the-wizard-by-spellbinders <-- Here's a link I found by googling "scrapbook wizard"

8 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 9

This sounds like some other products on the market, and I've not heard of anyone using them for fondant, gumpaste, etc. But you never know. However, I found a link to the manufacturer site.

http://www.spellbinderspaperarts.com/

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 9

I don't think that's the same type of thing as the cricut!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 9

Doesn't look anything like the functionality of the Cricut. For one thing, the Cricut cables into your computer.

Amanda621 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 10:01pm
post #5 of 9

that's the big selling point my coworker was telling me about. She said her friend had the Wizard and loves it because she can hook it up to her computer and make whatever she wants.Apparently she'd even linked to photoshop and cut out silhouettes. But I'm not seeing that option when I look at it online. Maybe she's getting the Wizard and Cricut confused. Oh well, it was worth hoping. I knew I could count on everyone here to help me out.

Thanks everyone!

Linda5606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda5606 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 10:35pm
post #6 of 9

i'm an avid scrapbooker and i own a wizard die cutting machine. it won't work for fondant or gumpaste because it used force to cut out shapes from a die cut. you roll the die through and the force of being flattened cuts the shape. i hope i explained this and didn't make it more confusing
linda

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 9

Big Lots has the Cricut for 129...

Amanda621 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

Big Lots has the Cricut for 129...

That's great! Thanks!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 9

and I just happened to see them at JoAnn's for 139...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%