1/2 Inch Thick Cookies

Baking By millicente Updated 3 May 2010 , 1:20pm by Lcubed82

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 8

Does any on roll there cookies 1/2 inch. If so which recipe won't spread?

7 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:34am
post #2 of 8

Sorry, but I would never roll, bake, or serve cookies that thick icon_eek.gif

I think baking them properly would be a nightmare and that they would wind up hard to eat and dry.

I roll my NFSC dough about a 1/4th inch thick and find the cookies don't spread if the cut outs are cold when baked.

Rae

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:42am
post #3 of 8

I am decorating some 1/2" ones today. I used NFSC with about 1/2 cup extra sugar. I turn my oven down so it cooks longer, and take them out when they just start to brown on the edges.

RachieRach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RachieRach Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 8

I make thick cookies all the time. i just bake them longer (at 350 degrees). The texture is softer than thin cookies and taste great. To avoid spreading, chill the cookies for 10 to 15 minutes before putting in the oven.

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 8

I use the soft sugar cookie V recipe from allrecipes.com and add 1/2 cup of additional flour (same as what Pam from CookieCrazie does). And I roll 3/8", which is also quite thick, but I really like thick cookies.

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdiabetes

I use the soft sugar cookie V recipe from allrecipes.com and add 1/2 cup of additional flour (same as what Pam from CookieCrazie does). And I roll 3/8", which is also quite thick, but I really like thick cookies.

Me too! I love that recipe!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:54am
post #7 of 8

I always make thinner cookies as well, but i decided today to roll the dough to 3/8" and they are quite good. The NFSC recipe did not spread and the cookies were crunchy around the edges, but soft in the middles; very delicious.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:20pm
post #8 of 8

I use the soft sugar cookie V recipe all along as well. I roll it 3/8" thick with great results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%