Will Fondant 3D Figures Harden Up Enough In A Day?

Decorating By Salma Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm by TexasSugar

Salma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Salma Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 3

Hi. I got my first cupcakes order yesterday, and am both excited and apprehensive. While molding 3d animal toppers, for each figure, i dipped a fingertip in CMC before kneading the color into the fondant, so I guess that is kind of gumpaste. These cuppies will be delivered day after tomorrow, and I did the figures in advance because I'm not very experienced yet.

My question is, if I re-do the animals and dont add CMC, will they harden up enough in a day? Thing is, I've never had a fondant cake (yes, it is still a novelty hereicon_smile.gif ), and dont know what the client expects. If they expect to eat the toppers, will that tiny addition of hardener make them too hard? (the weather here is hot and huuumid).

Thanks!

2 replies
AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 3

You'll have to check with your client on the edible or not issues. The fondant won't be hard like gum paste the next day. I leave gum paste out a few days to a week to dry out. Good luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 3

You said you dipped your finger in the cmc, how much of it did you really use? Are they hard now? Firm?

If you didn't add that much they really aren't going to be rock hard if you started with fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%