Billy's Vanilla Cupcakes

Baking By JohnnyCakes1966 Updated 6 May 2010 , 3:53pm by juststarted

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 7

Have any of you made Billy's Vanilla Cupcake recipe (from Billy's Bakery in NYC)? If so, do you recommend it for a moist, not-too-light but not-too-dense cupcake? It calls for all butter (2 sticks) and no oil, which I find usually makes a cupcake a bit too dense for my liking. Anyway, I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

6 replies
juststarted Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 7

I made that recipe once, I tastes awesome. The texture was just perfect for me too. But if you want to store the cupcakes more than 2 days I'll still recomment a recipe based on oil rather than butter.

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 7

I have a batch in the oven now. The batter was very thick, and usually when the batter is this thick, the cupcakes come out denser than what I'm looking for. We'll see.....

revel Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 7

This is my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe! Although i wouldn't mind trying an oil based recipe. Does anyone have one to share?

Deliciously-Yummy Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:01am
post #5 of 7

I'll love to try this recipe but i don't know how to measure in cups. Can someone please translate all this in scale measurements i.e Kg.

This is the recipe
Makes about 30 cupcakes
1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

cylstrial Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:37am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCakes1966

Have any of you made Billy's Vanilla Cupcake recipe (from Billy's Bakery in NYC)? If so, do you recommend it for a moist, not-too-light but not-too-dense cupcake? It calls for all butter (2 sticks) and no oil, which I find usually makes a cupcake a bit too dense for my liking. Anyway, I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

It sounds good to me! I'll guess I'll have to try it!

juststarted Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 7

just a quick note here, the secret of this great (IMO) recipe lies in the method.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%