Please Help! Need Oven Suggestions Asap!!

Decorating By SimplyIced Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 12:20pm by TOMAY

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, my oven has been acting up so I broke down and had someone come and look at it. Going to cost $500 to fix. It's just a standard Whirlpool gold home oven. Obviously I'm not putting $500 into the oven. So...I need suggestions on which oven to buy. As much as I would LOVE double wall ovens, my kitchen is not built for them. What do you home bakers use for ovens?

Convection or no convection?? I have never ever baked with convection. What are the benefits or disadvantages when baking cakes/cupcakes

I know there are the "double" ovens out there that are standard range size. Is there a benefit to those for us cake bakers? I bake both cakes and cupcakes. Actually, I have an order for 500 cupcakes and 3 cakes this weekend!! My oven will hopefully limp through the weekend, but I'm hoping my wonderful CC friends will offer any and all suggestions!! You guys are the greatest!!

THANKS!!!

4 replies
devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 5

Kenmore Pro with a warranty. Worth every last penny. JMHO

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 5

What size oven do you have? I know you say standard, but there are basically two widths of ovens.

Convection ovens cook faster, so if you get one, you'll want to play around some with the cooking time if you use convection.

I found a lovely Electrolux double oven recently that is on my list to buy when/if I redo the kitchen.

SimplyIced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyIced Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 5

I need the standard 30" oven that fits between the cabinets. I think I've decided I definitely want one of the "double" range ovens, I just have to decide which brand. I was hoping to get more feedback! I KNOW we all have ovens!! icon_biggrin.gif

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:20pm
post #5 of 5

While I love my convection oven for its even heat and fast cook time, I have to watch what size pans I can put into the oven . I have a hard time with 16 in and you can forget a 18 in. I also depending on the recipe have to raise the humidity in the oven to insure the cakes do not cook to fast.

I would take your largest cake pan you plan on using with you when you shop.
Happy shopping
T

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%