? How To Doctor Cake Mixes

Baking By sandy1 Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 4:45pm by jcstefanick

sandy1 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 4

How do you doctor up a cake mix? I'm looking for a cake that is firm and moist, that will hold up to sculpting. I'd also like one that can be used for the 3-D cake pans, (firm but moist). Is there a forum that has the information I need?

3 replies
Loucinda Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 4

Here is a link to many of the docored recipes on here:


sandy1 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 4

Wow, that's quite the link. Thanks!

jcstefanick Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 4

there is also a great recipe that I use from this website that I use on sculpted cakes quite well. it's the cake mix extender recipe and I just use 8 oz cream cheese instead of sour cream like they call for in the recipe and I add in a tablespoon or so of pudding mix to firm it up just a tish more.
here is a link: http://cakecentral.com/recipes/1977/cake-mix-extender

Quote by @%username% on %date%