How Early Is To Early?

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 4:27pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 7

I have cakes due on both saturday and sunday. How early is to early to start baking? I do not have room in my freezer to store cakes. I asked a few threads ago if it was OK to bake on thursday for the cakes due on sunday, so I would imagine it would also be OK to bake today (wednesday) for the cake due on saturday?

6 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 7

I personally think it would be okay--although I would really prefer to freeze it. I've had a cake that was in the fridge for a week and it still tasted good.

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 7

I generally bake on Tuesday / Weds for Saturday cakes with no problems!!! With the buttercream and fondant icing (as on my cakes), the moisture is locked in.
~ Jaime

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 7

I think you are okay to start baking today. Do you at least have room in the frig so that you can saran wrap and store them until you are ready.

If they dry out at all you can just use some simple syrup to moisten them up.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 7

I usually bake Wed for a Sat cake.

cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:22pm
post #6 of 7

i usually bake the day before, how ever just last week i made a cake on friday that was due on monday( i had 2 cakes on saturday so i just did them all at once) and by friday of the next week i was told it was still very good and moist...

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:27pm
post #7 of 7

thank you everyone. Yes I do have room in my fridge for them. I only plan on baking the cakes due on saturday, today. I will bake the cakes for sunday, tomorrow. But they will all fit in the fridge just fine. I might not ice them till the day after baking them, but they will be in the fridge, saran wrapped up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%