Need A Filling Flavor Suggestion For A Vanilla Butter Cake

Decorating By dessert1st Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm by Mama_Mias_Cakes

dessert1st Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:38am
post #1 of 10

Do you have an awesome fillling recipe that I could use in a vanilla butter cake? I am making a birthday cake for a friend's husband and she is leaving all the decisions up to me..... but wants me to be "creative".

Help, after an 8 day migraine I didn't have time (or brain capacity) to think creatively.....

Please share the recipe along with your suggestion, or a link to find it.
Thanks SO much!!

She says he likes "anything".

9 replies
minicuppie Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:27pm
post #2 of 10

Here is one list. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2097/cake-fillings I know there are several more, but this will get you started.

TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:12pm
post #3 of 10

Vanilla and butter really can take any flavor with them.

You can do fruit fillings, creamy fillings, caramelly fillings.

dessert1st Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 10

Maybe I should change the question...

What would you want if this cake was for you??

Don't forget, I need to be able to locate the recipe also... as time is running out. Tried and True suggestions only please... I really don't want to disappoint her.

Eisskween Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 10

If it was for myself, chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries. Chocolate Ganache recipe is in the recipe section.

minicuppie Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 10

Myself? My fave is butter cake with chocolate frosting. After tasting and tasting for years and years, I always come back to the simple things.

delisa01 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:08pm
post #7 of 10

I would want vanilla butter cake with Nutella filling. I mix the Nutella with a some buttercream (IMBC) to lighten it up some. Then I would also add some toasted, chopped hazelnuts. YUM!

KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:13pm
post #8 of 10

I love butter cake w/ chocolate.......so i would go for a ganache or even chocolate bc in the center YUM

dessert1st Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you all so much... this is what I did...

I mixed homemade strawberry preserves (the freezer kind that tastes like FRESH strawberries) into my favorite buttercream, then spread a layer of chocolate ganache over the top,,, so it's a Chocolate Covered Strawberry. I can't wait to see what they think.

Wish I could have a piece! Ha - that's the worst part.... when you make cookies, there's always an "extra", but it's not so easy to sneak a piece of cake. lol

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dessert1st

Thank you all so much... this is what I did...

I mixed homemade strawberry preserves (the freezer kind that tastes like FRESH strawberries) into my favorite buttercream, then spread a layer of chocolate ganache over the top,,, so it's a Chocolate Covered Strawberry. I can't wait to see what they think.

Wish I could have a piece! Ha - that's the worst part.... when you make cookies, there's always an "extra", but it's not so easy to sneak a piece of cake. lol

That sounds wonderful!! That is why I don't mind having the mound on top of my cakes icon_biggrin.gif Get a little sample of cake with what is left in the bowl.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%