Satin Ice Gumpaste..

Decorating By shirleart Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 1:48am by candycakes2010

shirleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shirleart Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:28am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone use it and do you add tylose to it? I find that if I don't add tylose to it, it takes forever to dry plus it seems to soft to make the petals curl. I was making a rose the other night and I'd place the petal, get it the way I wanted it and next thing you know, the petal was just flopping down....Weird... Am I using it the wrong way maybe? Thanks for any suggestions..

Shirley G

8 replies
Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 9

I have used it forever without adding anything. It dries fast and is sturdy. The only thing is that it dries out really fast while you are working with it.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:53am
post #3 of 9

I can,t use it. Too soft for me. Takes too long to dry. I use wilton premade or make nick lodges recipe.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:51am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

I can,t use it. Too soft for me. Takes too long to dry. I use wilton premade or make nick lodges recipe.

Same here.

Rae

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:36pm
post #5 of 9

I agree. It's too soft and takes too long to dry. I have switched to teh Albert Uster gumpaste mix.

Satin Ice Gumpaste isn't actually gum paste. It's their fondant with other things added to it.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 9

I tried it before and it was fine--never bought another bucket though. If it is too soft, just add tylose. Now, all I use is fondant with tylose, Nick Lodge's recipe and Fran's recipe.

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 9

I use it all the time. BUT I've found that wilton white fondant with a bit of tylose added works better.

shirleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shirleart Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks all! I did add tylose to the gumpaste and seems to work better...Sure is soft though....

candycakes2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candycakes2010 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:48am
post #9 of 9

I use the satin ice g/p because it rolls so thin and dries great. On occasion i do use tylose. I guess everyone is used to their own way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%