Cry-Cut, Or Cricket?

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 10:03pm by idgalpal

Kitagrl Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:26am
post #1 of 18

So..how do you say "Cricut"? I thought it was "Cry-cut" but then I was in Big Lots and they were announcing a Cricut for $120 and she was saying "Cricket".

icon_confused.gif

I didn't buy one. Was just curious. icon_biggrin.gif

17 replies
Mrs-A Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 18

heheheheh the aussies were discussing this on our regular thread yesterday

ive heard americans call it cricket (which is a sport game for us) but for me i see it/pronounce it as cry-cut

mbark Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:43am
post #3 of 18

I also thought it was "cry cut" until I saw a little cricket on the packaging & thought oh it must be pronounced like that too.

Geseka Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:45am
post #4 of 18

My husband is going to laugh when I show him this thread because when I first bought my Cricut last year, I was pronouncing it like "Cry-cut" too. He just looked at me and pointed to the little cricut head on their logo and asked if I was sure it wasn't pronounced "cricut." I was like "oh, yeah look at that!" Oh, well.

Mrs-A Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:55am
post #5 of 18

umm.... that little green thing is suppose to be a picture of a cricket??? ive never noticed it before!

BlakesCakes Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #6 of 18

The Provo infomercial personnel and HSN hawkers all say, "Cricket", so cricket it is.

Rae

heycake Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:48am
post #7 of 18

yep, it's pronounced like the little cricket bug

drummerg68 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:09am
post #8 of 18

I for the longest time called it a criscut like the fires at Carl's Jr. Then i took a step back and realized it was spelled cricut like the bug lol

kake4me2 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:18am
post #9 of 18

I was never to interested in it before the cake version (didn't know others used the regular one for cakes) and so I only glanced at the label which I thought was CIRCUT my cousin who is a master at it said "DUH it has a cricket on the label"..... icon_redface.gif I was clueless all the way around......

tesso Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:29am
post #10 of 18

I thought it was cry-cut too. unitl I was at michaels and saw the cricket on the on the sign. oh well.. at least I know now. icon_lol.gif

TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:52pm
post #11 of 18

I asked the manager or something at Michaels cause I wasn't sure and they told me Cry Cut. I thought it was Cricket myself since the little guy on the packaging.

Maybe it is regional like Fond-ant and Fon-daunt?

emrldsky Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:41pm
post #12 of 18

I thought it was Cry-cut until I saw the video about the Cricut Cake where they pronounced it Cricket. I figured they wouldn't post a video of their product on their pages if the people in it pronounced it wrong.

Then again, stranger things HAVE happened!

Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:13pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kake4me2

I was never to interested in it before the cake version (didn't know others used the regular one for cakes) and so I only glanced at the label which I thought was CIRCUT my cousin who is a master at it said "DUH it has a cricket on the label"..... icon_redface.gif I was clueless all the way around......

lol this is so funny cause the same happen to me. I was showing it to my son and he said thats cricket not cry-cut andI said how you know. Then he said they got the cricket on the box icon_redface.gif .

ruthi Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 4:52pm
post #14 of 18

Yep, same here...I said "cry-cut" until my sister, who went to one of the demos at the last cake show corrected me and told me it is "cricket"! I mean really, who would even think "cricket" unless told to say so? It is a machine that CUTS...hence, cry-cut!

sillyoldpoohbear Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:11pm
post #15 of 18

How funnny I was only thinking about this the other day. I always say crycut that's how it looks to me & thought they had got it wrong on Create & Craft, it wouldn't be the first time. I can't say as I ever noticed the cricket on it either lol

I also have to agree with ruthi's logic, in that it's a machine that cuts so that's why I thought you pronounced it crycut too.

herdream Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:35pm
post #16 of 18

LOL! I STILL pronounce it as "cry-cut", but its pronounced "cricket". Sometimes I watch the infomercial late at night and they pronounce it as cricket. Plus at times during the infomercial they will play a chirping sound like the bug makes. icon_biggrin.gif

jayne1873 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 9:51pm
post #17 of 18

I called it the crycut too and my hubby pointed out the little bug.
The way it is spelt cricket is a game in the UK and we would say it like cricket.
I also phoned Michaels today to ask if they had it in after the post on here icon_smile.gif and he called it a cricket too.

idgalpal Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 10:03pm
post #18 of 18

For months I thought it was circuit......like electrical circuit..what a dummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%