What Is Your Favorite Cricut Cartridge?

Decorating By SueBuddy Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 6:51am by Ren715

SueBuddy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:11am
post #1 of 7

I just bought a cricut cake and was just wondering if anyone could recommend cartridges that have good patterns for cakes...I have never used the regular cricut for anything before (I don't scrapbook) but was wondering where to get the best designs? I have heard about downloading patterns? or scanning in patterns? If anyone has any info and has the time to share I would love any advice.
Thanks!

6 replies
kake4me2 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 7

Funny, just searching for this info too. Can't wait to hear what everyone says...

agconner Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:01am
post #3 of 7

The elegant cake cartridge is very nice, has alot of good designs and the font is nice also. Storybook is another good one.

Ellie1985 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:28am
post #4 of 7

Home Decor & Home Accents are 2 good ones. If you go to Cricut's website go to products, click on a cartridge and then click on images you can see what is on that
cartridge.

VanessaT Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:22am
post #5 of 7

Gosh, there are so many! I am very new to cake decorating so I'm not sure which might be best for cake decorating but for some cute images I like Paisley. I used the owl for our foster daughter's 1st bday invites. I also like Doodlecharms. It's got images for each season. There are a bunch of new ones coming out soon, too. Definitely check out cricut.com. They have a section where you can see projects using each cartridge.

QueenAnne Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:40am
post #6 of 7

My Cricut Cake is due to arrive tomorrow. I've been waiting forever, currently have two on order just to get one before they are available in stores. I think the Create-a-Critter could be very cute or Forever Young both look fun. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS OUT!!!! icon_lol.gif

Ren715 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:51am
post #7 of 7

My favorites so far, not in order, include:
Forever Young
Create a Critter
Doodlecharms

I would also get the software Make the Cut (MTC) and with a USB printer cable you are open to an entire world of design (or create your own). Basically you can capture any design you see off the Internet (non copywrited of course), a scanned picture or anything on your computer, plus, you can use any font you have on your computer to print out a message on your cake. There are also thousands of svg files on the Internet for you to use. Flowers, scrolls, borders, shapes, animals, just about anything you can think of. I enjoy the best of both worlds...I use cartridges and also make my own designs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%