How Do I Make These Fondant/gumpaste Flowers?

Decorating By qwilson Updated 1 May 2010 , 5:46am by honeyscakes

qwilson Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 10

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any idea about how to make these flowers? I'm not even sure what they're called.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
LL

9 replies
jobueno Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:34pm
post #2 of 10

Hi qwilson and welocme to CC. It looks to me like you could problably use any four or five petal flour cutter to make these. Roll you gumpaste real thin cut your flowers out and sit them in a cupped surface to dry. A cup with a piece of aluminum foil would do the trick. To make the centers use more gumpaste or fondant and stick them in with a tiny bit of water again let dry then color and place them on your cake. Good luck!!

Caths_Cakes Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 10

The look almost like tulips icon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:22pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

The look almost like tulips icon_smile.gif

Hm. not with those centers. At least, none of the tulips in my garden have a center like that.

They could actually be fantasy flowers. Remember that not every flower on a cake is an actual flower! I've seen a flower similar to that before, but I can't recall the name.

Caths_Cakes Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 10

Hence why i said 'almost'

drakegore Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:37am
post #6 of 10

i may be misremembering this, but didn't the cake girls make this cake on "amazing wedding cakes" to match a fabric swatch? if you could find that episode on line or on your tv you might be able to get more information.

diane

newmansmom2004 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:57am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

i may be misremembering this, but didn't the cake girls make this cake on "amazing wedding cakes" to match a fabric swatch? if you could find that episode on line or on your tv you might be able to get more information.

diane

I was thinking that exact thing. The cake they did was very similar to this with this type of flower.

qwilson Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:09am
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone for your replies!!!

I'll have to check out past Amazing Wedding Cake episodes.

Thanks again!!! icon_biggrin.gif

qwilson Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:30am
post #9 of 10

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you, Thank you, Thank you drakegore and newmansmom icon_biggrin.gif

That cake was exactly the one Cakegirls worked on. I was able to find a video of the episode and got some tips from it.

Now all I have to do is give it a go. Wish me luck, I'm still pretty new at this.

Thanks again!

honeyscakes Posted 1 May 2010 , 5:46am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwilson

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you, Thank you, Thank you drakegore and newmansmom icon_biggrin.gif

That cake was exactly the one Cakegirls worked on. I was able to find a video of the episode and got some tips from it.

Now all I have to do is give it a go. Wish me luck, I'm still pretty new at this.

Thanks again!

Hey GOOD LUCK!!! You will do great.
Do you mind sharing the link to where you found info on the flowers,please.
Thanks.
- h

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%