Cake Bible Has Arrived - What To Do First?

Decorating By marknelliesmum Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 10:23am by marknelliesmum

marknelliesmum Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 6

Hey Guys
I am now the proud owner of 'the cake bible' problem is everything sounds so yummy I don't know where to start - any favourites?

5 replies
DanaG21 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 6

I love my Cake Bible. The first thing you should do is go to her blog, she recently posted some changes to some of the recipes based on the pan sizes from when the book was originally done to current pan sizes. Her filings and frostings are amazing - however, I always always double or triple the recipes. Have fun - I don't think there is anything bad in the book!

KitchenKat Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:47am
post #3 of 6

I love the Cake Bible Too! Ditto on visiting the blog.

I suggest trying her basic butter cakes - all occasion downy yellow, chocolate butter, chocolate fudge, white velvet, white chocolate, etc

Then move to the sponge based cakes like genoise, chiffon, etc.

Follow her directions exactly and your cakes will come out perfect every time.

bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

What's the blog address?

RoseCitySugarcraft Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:16am
post #5 of 6

rose's blog addy is http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/

and her chocolate oblivion torte (chocolate, butter, eggs...that's IT! No flour, and no added sugar!)...is fantastic! I've used it for several years, to much acclaim. Served with a cappucino creme anglaise, YUM!

marknelliesmum Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 10:23am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the replies - I have been on her blog which led me to another site with instructions for making cake flour - we don't have that in the uk- so now I feel like the world is my oyster and I'm entering a new world of cake - sad I know but what the hell lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%