How Wrong Is It Giving A Cake To A Co-Worker On Her Bd?

Decorating By sugarlovemom Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm by sugarlovemom

sugarlovemom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Amazing Artists! Need your opinions on this.... my co-worker birthday is tomorrow... she had bought birthday cakes from me in the past... then i thought it would be nice to give her like a little cute happy birthday cake that wont take me longer than just couple of hours... jus like a nice detail... and then i told that to my husband and he told me is wrong... that people is going to assume i'll bring a cake everytime is somebodys birthday... and bal bla bla.. he says is a bad idea... but since she is my client.. just wanted to have a detail w her as i said before. I understand his point... but on the other hand.. my point of view is: every cake i make is advertaising... people sees it, like it... you know what i mean... and that's how i got some of my cake orders... they just came out of a little piece of cake that somebody liked and ordered me their cakes... what do u guys think?

4 replies
antonia74 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm
post #2 of 5

Why don't you just add a little card to the cake box that says something like "Happy Birthday to a Great Client! Thought you deserved to have a little cake of your own today. Thanks so much for supporting my business this year", then nobody will misconstrue that they will all automatically be getting one on their birthday too. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 5

If you brought in a cake to the office for everyone to eat with her, then I can see how when the next birthday rolls around it might be expected for you to do the same.

But if she is a friend or a good customer and you truely want to do something for her, then I say do it, but I wouldn't make a big deal or a scene about it at work. Can you give it to her before or after work for her to take home?

I understand where you are though, one of those rock and a hard places kinda of thing.

dalis4joe Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 5

I see your point and also your hubby's point... but I like what antonia said... to make the card say something about her being a loyal client or something like that... I know we want to show our cakes cause like u said it's advertising your cakery skills (that's a new term I just made up lol) so I can see why you would want to give it to her at work... but like TexasSugar said... u can also go the other route and just give it to her at the end of the day....

I wouldn't think that other people in your job would expect a cake everytime is someone's b-day unless they are also close friends and/or cleints of yours....

Good Luck.... icon_smile.gif

sugarlovemom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 5

What a good idea!!!! thanks so much!!! she already knows my work so a discret " Happy Birthday to a special client" note and without making a big deal..... would work good!!!! thanks people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i gotta go a bake!!!!! yayyyy!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%