What's The "weirdest" Thing Someone Has Requested

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm by crystalscustomcakes

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:07pm
post #31 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswendel

The strangest (and probably most un-appealing!) request was for a baby shower. Mom to be was terrified of delivery, so they thought it would be funny to get her a cake of a baby's head being born from, well, the anatomically correct body part. I talked them out of the cake saying that a-it would be expensive and b-I didn't think anyone would want to eat that. We decided on a pretty gift box cake!

Oh..my..god! I'm not squeamish but that's just wrong! Can you imagine the reaction of the party guests?

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #32 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectionsofahousewife

Quote:

The strangest (and probably most un-appealing!) request was for a baby shower. Mom to be was terrified of delivery, so they thought it would be funny to get her a cake of a baby's head being born from, well, the anatomically correct body part. I talked them out of the cake saying that a-it would be expensive and b-I didn't think anyone would want to eat that. We decided on a pretty gift box cake!

Oh..my..god! I'm not squeamish but that's just wrong! Can you imagine the reaction of the party guests?

Yep...sick and wrong...good grief!

A poor lady terrified of delivery deserves a pretty cake, not a gag gift. haha. "Gag" having some double meaning here!

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:16pm
post #33 of 97

A friend's mum was turning 50 so they requested I make them saggy boobs, (no clothing, that's just not right) After a chat my friend finally agreed to the 'lets show her some support' bra cake, much more tactful, it's in my pictures. I wouldn't agree to make their first choice.

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:24pm
post #34 of 97

Oh, these are really funny!

Kitagirl, did they pay by credit card....? icon_eek.gif

The weirdest one I ever did was a bridal shower cake for a woman who was marrying a prison inmate -- two nuzzling birds, one in a cage and one out! It was one of the first decorated cakes I ever did. Never got a shot of the completed cake; in this photo, the roof of the birdcage is still detached for transport:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1188820

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:26pm
post #35 of 97

A pile of poop complete with toilet paper and flies!

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1199776

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #36 of 97

Jadak- that's just gross.

Endymion- I think they have a show about women that marry prisoners. Boggles my mind.

xanikesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xanikesmom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:33pm
post #37 of 97

I recently got a request for a baseball themed cake. But on top, they want a baby laying in a bassinet with really big feet and on the bassinet they want the name "Magnus" written on it. My customer said that it is for her friend's 60th birthday. Her friend loves baseball, thus the baseball theme - but the baby is some sort of 'inside joke' that she didn't share and I didn't ask!

Interesting to say the least icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:34pm
post #38 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by endymion

The weirdest one I ever did was a bridal shower cake for a woman who was marrying a prison inmate -- two nuzzling birds, one in a cage and one out! It was one of the first decorated cakes I ever did. Never got a shot of the completed cake; in this photo, the roof of the birdcage is still detached for transport:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they did, it was online so at least I didn't have to touch it. haha. And they sure didn't swipe it in MY butt.....

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm
post #39 of 97
Quote:

icon_eek.gif Yuck icon_lol.gif That's actually worse than the pregnat belly and the clear gelatin with the baby inside. icon_lol.gif

Some of these request are a little more than odd. I've never had any strange request like these and hope I never do.

I have to admit the butt swiping credit card cake is too funny but the question as to whether or not they paid for the cake with the credit card had me rolling on the floor icon_lol.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:47pm
post #40 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they did, it was online so at least I didn't have to touch it. haha. And they sure didn't swipe it in MY butt.....

Kita got swiped. lol

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:11pm
post #41 of 97
Quote:

RIGHT!!!!! I'd be like..........uh uh......I ain't swiping YOUR card in MY machine no way no how (I know where it's been)
LOL icon_lol.gif

ladyday95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyday95 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:29pm
post #42 of 97

These stories got me laughing big time... LOL

Had an order for dog licking p-nut butter, story was really gross will leave it to your imagination. I declined the details they wanted and they agreed my way was much better... is in my pictures....

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:43pm
post #43 of 97

My weirdest request was actually my first paid order and it was just an odd combination of items. They asked for a housewarming bouquet for a couple, one from kansas, one from Mississippi, liked Dancing with the Stars and Star wars. So I painted " there's no place like home on the container"and the StarWars characters are dancing in ruby slippers(for Kansas-Wizard of Oz) Magnolias-Miss. State flower and the Mirror ball trophy for DWTS. They loved it...and I'm doing their wedding cookies this fall!.
LL

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:37pm
post #44 of 97

I've had a couple strange ones... both were birthday cakes.
LL
LL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:50pm
post #45 of 97

wow, at least i'm not alone with the weird customers! lol

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:22pm
post #46 of 97

KathysCC - Love the Harley bride.
linstead - Maybe that was what they saw AFTER they eat the brownies.

I once had a woman who was looking through my pics with her 11 year old son and came across my bikini cake.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1366227 .
She slammed the book shut and said (loudly) "You CAN'T see THAT!!!" Caused quite a scene. Then she ordered this:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1391940
Apparnetly, he plays all the Resident Evil games and only watches zombie movies.

I found that a little weird.

What's REALLY weird is she just ordered him another zombie cake today!

Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:24pm
post #47 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleebug

I once had a woman who was looking through my pics with her 11 year old son and came across my bikini cake.
She slammed the book shut and said (loudly) "You CAN'T see THAT!!!" Caused quite a scene. Then she ordered this:
Apparnetly, he plays all the Resident Evil games and only watches zombie movies.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Wow that's really something!!!!

"You can't look at that bikini cake but you can have all the demonic evil looking weirdo cakes you want!"

Yikes.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:30pm
post #48 of 97
Quote:

Mercy!! That kid's going to be warped for life! icon_cool.gif

juleebug Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #49 of 97

Kita - The only thing she asked was that it be "realistic but not bloody." icon_confused.gif Well, I have been a nurse for nearly 20 years... those wounds were incredibly realistic in person. THEY WERE THRILLED!

Bob - A steady diet of violent movies/video games and sheltered from the opposite sex... NAH!! I'm sure he'll turn out just fine. icon_twisted.gif

Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm
post #50 of 97

How do you have a realistic wound that is not bloody? icon_confused.gif

juleebug Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:48pm
post #51 of 97

Have you ever seen a decubitus?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:21am
post #52 of 97
Quote:

How do you have a realistic wound that is not bloody? icon_confused.gif

Red Velvet cake with red piping gel under the fondant? icon_twisted.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:01am
post #53 of 97
Quote:

Kita - The only thing she asked was that it be "realistic but not bloody." icon_confused.gif Well, I have been a nurse for nearly 20 years... those wounds were incredibly realistic in person. THEY WERE THRILLED!

Bob - A steady diet of violent movies/video games and sheltered from the opposite sex... NAH!! I'm sure he'll turn out just fine. icon_twisted.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:31am
post #54 of 97
Quote:

I Google imaged that. I don't recommend anyone else do so.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:39am
post #55 of 97
Quote:

Probably my two weirdest are one order I filled, and one I didn't (well I did, but we changed the design!)

This one, to depict a prank game they played on each other by swiping credit cards down each other's butts. Whatever:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1467726

The other weird one was a lady who wanted a life size replica of her two year old to feed 30. haha. I was like "Um I have a 2 year old and he would feed about 100...that is, in cake....that is, if I WANTED a cake like that...that is...."

DING, DING, DING......WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

I cannot believe someone would order a credit card, butt swiping cake! It really did turn out great though!!!!

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:49am
post #56 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Quote:

Oh ..... My ......Goodness!!!! I don't know why it just did it cuz you told me not to!!!!!!!!!! I should have listened!!!!!!!!!!

juleebug Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:57am
post #57 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

Quote:

Quote:

Oh ..... My ......Goodness!!!! I don't know why it just did it cuz you told me not to!!!!!!!!!! I should have listened!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I should have warned y'all. Definately not for the faint at heart, huh? icon_lol.gif

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:57am
post #58 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

Quote:

Quote:

I did it too... ewwww omg that's horrible icon_sad.gif someone actually wanted a CAKE to look like this? That is just plain WRONG wrong wrong wrong

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:10am
post #59 of 97

okay.. I looked it up too.. EEEEWWWWEEEE... so one else looks it up.. it is bedsores.. spare yourselves.. RUN FOR YOU LIVES.. they are so gross...EEEEWWWEEEE....

that said,

The weirdest cake request I have had.. .a $20 dollar tiered wedding cake !!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:14am
post #60 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

The weirdest request I ever got (on a Thursday for a Saturday wedding) was (my choice) either doing a Super Mario cake or a Spiderman bust cake (nice of them to let ME pick THEIR cake!) icon_confused.gif I declined because I was out of town at the time and I don't even consider a wedding cake if their wedding isn't at least 9-12 months away. (Who does Mario at a wedding anyway???) icon_confused.gif

you should check out this mario cake.. it is awesome..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alttext/246142953/

I would so make this for someone !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%