What's The "weirdest" Thing Someone Has Requested

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm by crystalscustomcakes

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:30pm
post #91 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Here's something weird someone requested from me once -- she wanted a straightforward three tiered cake. Okay I can do that. We haggle over the price, the design, etc. and she tells me "you don't have to put a board under the cake." icon_eek.gif Like HUH??? Yep, she wanted NO cakeboard or anything under the cake. So like where's the cake supposed to sit? She thought it would save her $$$ for no cakeboard. So I tell her "do you put your dinner on a plate?" "Well yes, (duh!) it holds the food." To which I respond "as the cakeboard holds the cake!" icon_rolleyes.gif

This is hysterical.....especially since she thought omitting the cake board would save her money! You should have resubmitted your quote to her minus $1.oo. icon_lol.gif I think I would have wanted to mess with her and say things like, "well no crumb coat will save you $2.25 and no box will save you another dollar. Then I could leave the eggs out of the recipe because they're kind of expensive now and that'll save you another $2.00." I would never have done it, but it's funny to imagine doing it. icon_lol.gif

RobynLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobynLM Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 1:36pm
post #92 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadak

This is hysterical.....especially since she thought omitting the cake board would save her money! You should have resubmitted your quote to her minus $1.oo. icon_lol.gif I think I would have wanted to mess with her and say things like, "well no crumb coat will save you $2.25 and no box will save you another dollar. Then I could leave the eggs out of the recipe because they're kind of expensive now and that'll save you another $2.00." I would never have done it, but it's funny to imagine doing it. icon_lol.gif

ROFLMAO!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:48pm
post #93 of 97

I don't know how weird this one is, but last year we were helping with a fund raiser for our local dog park, where we take our dogs. A guy comes over and tells my husband he has an employee with the swine flu, so can he make him a pig with a frown on its face. My husband says sure, but if it's for the swine flu (flew) shouldn't it have wings? The guy loved the idea so he made a pig flat on his belly, frown on this fact, ears hanging down over his eyes and wings.

crystalscustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalscustomcakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 2:57pm
post #94 of 97

One of my strangest has to be a lady called me wanting a realistic boob cake with a removable bikini top for her uncles 75th birthday. She described him as a "frisky" old man!

So I did it with the triangles for the top made out of fondant on wax paper so the could be removed. She cracked up when she saw it. He loved it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:12pm
post #95 of 97

why is it that people always encourage the "frisky old men" ?? lol

bobwonderbuns: i have actually had a customer tell me they wanted to "decline the plates and pillars" for a tiered cake to save money.......I use sps and charge a $10 deposit on each set of plates w/ 4 pillars in it. She was ordering a 3 tiered cake so it would have been an additional $20 w/ all of it being given back if she returned the plates.

(I order the plates several at a time (min. of $50 order) so if a customer wants to return them, I'll reuse them!)

Well, I told her I knew a way to save her $200 and she said how??????/ I said by just making you a SHEET cake, because that's what the tiered cake will look like if I don't use any supports, by the time I get to your house with it! lol

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:40pm
post #96 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

why is it that people always encourage the "frisky old men" ?? lol

bobwonderbuns: i have actually had a customer tell me they wanted to "decline the plates and pillars" for a tiered cake to save money.......I use sps and charge a $10 deposit on each set of plates w/ 4 pillars in it. She was ordering a 3 tiered cake so it would have been an additional $20 w/ all of it being given back if she returned the plates.

(I order the plates several at a time (min. of $50 order) so if a customer wants to return them, I'll reuse them!)

Well, I told her I knew a way to save her $200 and she said how??????/ I said by just making you a SHEET cake, because that's what the tiered cake will look like if I don't use any supports, by the time I get to your house with it! lol

That's too funny!! icon_lol.gif What are these people thinking???? icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

crystalscustomcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalscustomcakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm
post #97 of 97

[quote=Well, I told her I knew a way to save her $200 and she said how??????/ I said by just making you a SHEET cake, because that's what the tiered cake will look like if I don't use any supports, by the time I get to your house with it! lol[/quote]

That's just too funny icon_lol.gif What was her reaction to that?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%