What's The "weirdest" Thing Someone Has Requested

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm by crystalscustomcakes

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 97

Up until now, I always thought the strangest cake I'd ever had requested was one with a squirrel in a tree eating corn on the cob! Pretty weird right??

Well, I just made a cake where the request was:

A male nurse sitting behind a MESSY desk with a flat screen comp. monitor, filing cabinets behind him and papers EVERYWHERE.........and a 2nd guy with a baseball cap on a huge football mug in his hand, in a wheelchair with a talk bubble saying "When we goin' outside to smoke Jeff?"

I guess I pulled it off, the customer was happy....but I got to thinking......man, that was an ODD request!!!!

So what are some of yours, and don't forget pics if you've got them!
LL
LL

96 replies
mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 97

Nothing weird, just wanted you to know your squirrel is REALLY cute!!

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:09pm
post #3 of 97

lol thanks............so is it just me, do i just have weird customer???? LOL

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:20pm
post #4 of 97

My coworkers just requested a "congratulations for quiting smoking" cake for another coworker. He hasn't had a cigarette in 6 weeks. I just uploaded the picutre to my photos this morning!

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 97

I wonder if it made him want a cigarette??? lol

cakeschmake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeschmake Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:29pm
post #6 of 97

Wow, those are great, and that 2nd one... couldn't be more specific, could they? icon_biggrin.gif

I have two that were a little strange... one was a monkey holding a water hose (not sure of the story behind that one)
and then last week I did a huge grooms cake in a bone shape with purple spots. The groom is an orthopedic surgeon so they wanted a bone, loved chocolate so it had to be brown and also was a graduate of Williams College where they are extremely proud of their mascot, a purple spotted cow!
LL
LL

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 97

Our strangest request was for a goat head with red lipstick and hearts in the eyes. That one did have a funny story. A bunch of guys who work together were delivering firewood to a farm. As the one guy got out of the truck and began carrying some wood, a goat started to follow him. the entire time they were there the goat followed the guy. It was his birthday and they wanted to bust his chops with the goat that loved him.... lol http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll426/ShelbyLynnCakes/?action=view¤t=67.jpg

The other, unusual, cake was for a 10 year old who wanted a toxic waste barrel. He was having a 'Fear Factor' party and wanted the toxic waste barrel. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1617563

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 97

Mine was a bridal shower cake with a figure of the bride holding up her wedding dress and showing her Harley motorcycle chaps underneath. Apparently the bride and groom were bikers ! icon_smile.gif

I never posted a photo of this cake in my gallery because I didn't like how my figure looked. Figure making is not my strong point. icon_rolleyes.gif
LL

RobynLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobynLM Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm
post #9 of 97

I don't have any myself, but those are GREAT! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:52pm
post #10 of 97

oh how hilarious....I love the bone!!

That goat head is great too..........did you carve it all out of cake?? Funny story behind it too.

I can't believe that cake isn't posted, that is great with the bride flipping up her dress, I think it looks awesome.......now I CANNOT model people to save my life, yours looks great!!

mandysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandysue Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:57pm
post #11 of 97
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:01pm
post #12 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

The other, unusual, cake was for a 10 year old who wanted a toxic waste barrel. He was having a 'Fear Factor' party and wanted the toxic waste barrel. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1617563

Cool idea, really. I've held Fear Factor parties for 13 y/o and the toxic waste barrel really is a gruesome "fearsome" idea.

jhay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jhay Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #13 of 97

All time wierdest for me.... a baby, sitting on a turntable, listening to headphones w/ the record "Happy Happy Birthday Baby" playing.

The child's name is Melody...I guess that was the inspiration?

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:04pm
post #14 of 97

I actually had someone ask me to make an open toilet with a poo in it complete w/TP. The lady thought I was too expensive...I thanked god, she wanted me to write Happy B-Day you old S$@t!! GROSS lol

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:08pm
post #15 of 97

These requests are so funny! And I just have to say that you guys (gals icon_wink.gif ) are definitely cake ARTISTS in your interpretations! Love them!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:13pm
post #16 of 97

these are all really good. My cousin wanted me and my dd to make her a cake for a cast party at her son's school, they were doing the play"Metamorphisis" and it is a giant roach.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1636300

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:16pm
post #17 of 97

I dont have a picture but a lady wanted a meerkat driving a green bmw convertible for her Mom's 50th. She wrote Me later that her Mom wouldn't let them cut the cake at the party she loved it so much! LOL so they had no cake after dinner.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:22pm
post #18 of 97

The weirdest request I ever got (on a Thursday for a Saturday wedding) was (my choice) either doing a Super Mario cake or a Spiderman bust cake (nice of them to let ME pick THEIR cake!) icon_confused.gif I declined because I was out of town at the time and I don't even consider a wedding cake if their wedding isn't at least 9-12 months away. (Who does Mario at a wedding anyway???) icon_confused.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:26pm
post #19 of 97

Probably my two weirdest are one order I filled, and one I didn't (well I did, but we changed the design!)

This one, to depict a prank game they played on each other by swiping credit cards down each other's butts. Whatever:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1467726

The other weird one was a lady who wanted a life size replica of her two year old to feed 30. haha. I was like "Um I have a 2 year old and he would feed about 100...that is, in cake....that is, if I WANTED a cake like that...that is...."

We settled on another theme. haha.

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:29pm
post #20 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

The other weird one was a lady who wanted a life size replica of her two year old to feed 30. haha. I was like "Um I have a 2 year old and he would feed about 100...that is, in cake....that is, if I WANTED a cake like that...that is...."

We settled on another theme. haha.

okay...that is REALLY bizarre!!!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:30pm
post #21 of 97

Patticake- that is just gross. It looks so real. (which is a compliment to you and your DD's talent).

Kita- What is it with people wanting to eat lifelike cakes. ugh

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:33pm
post #22 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

Patticake- that is just gross. It looks so real. (which is a compliment to you and your DD's talent).

Kita- What is it with people wanting to eat lifelike cakes. ugh

thanks, that was what I thought of it too. I can't imagine eating something that looks like that. But the chocolate fondant was good [even if it was the first time I had ever made it] tasted like tootsie rolls.

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:33pm
post #23 of 97

The strangest (and probably most un-appealing!) request was for a baby shower. Mom to be was terrified of delivery, so they thought it would be funny to get her a cake of a baby's head being born from, well, the anatomically correct body part. I talked them out of the cake saying that a-it would be expensive and b-I didn't think anyone would want to eat that. We decided on a pretty gift box cake!

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:35pm
post #24 of 97

Patticake, that bug is sooooo gross!!! way realistic! Great job! but yes very strange

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:42pm
post #25 of 97
Quote:

Probably my two weirdest are one order I filled, and one I didn't (well I did, but we changed the design!)

This one, to depict a prank game they played on each other by swiping credit cards down each other's butts. Whatever:

Ok, that is almost creepy that they would not only tell you what they did, but to have a cake made to represent what they did! I honestly would have had my jaw drop to the floor if ANYONE said..."oh yeah, when I was younger I used to swipe my credit card in my brother's butt crack"

How on earth did you manage to keep yourself together through that order???????/

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:44pm
post #26 of 97

I had a bride and groom that are commercial fishermen and they asked for orange and black Grunden's fishing suspenders to go over the top of their elegant white cake. I talked them out of it LOL

Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #27 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Quote:

Ok, that is almost creepy that they would not only tell you what they did, but to have a cake made to represent what they did! I honestly would have had my jaw drop to the floor if ANYONE said..."oh yeah, when I was younger I used to swipe my credit card in my brother's butt crack"

How on earth did you manage to keep yourself together through that order???????/

Oh no it wasn't when they were younger. It was now. haha.

I was freaked out if they wanted a bare butt, wouldn't have done it, but I was okay with the jeans. LOL Hey they were paying me for it. She was kinda embarrassed to describe the order to me but I think the pleasure she was expecting in watching the guys face when he got the cake was worth her sheepishness in ordering it from me. icon_lol.gif

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:52pm
post #28 of 97

it was adults doing that??? Wow!! So was he swiping his card on HER butt??

That is just the weirdest thing I think I've ever heard, forget about cake.......just the weirdest THING lol

Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:55pm
post #29 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

it was adults doing that??? Wow!! So was he swiping his card on HER butt??

That is just the weirdest thing I think I've ever heard, forget about cake.......just the weirdest THING lol

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!

Yep 20 year old adults (or older).... I guess its just some stupid game that they are out in public and they "swipe" the other person real quick and its supposedly an embarrassing prank they do regularly to each other...its said that they've been "swiped". Its a whole group of friends who do it I guess.

I have NO clue. I just made a butt in jeans with a card sticking out of it. *washing hands of matter* haha.

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:59pm
post #30 of 97

I had a call from a lady who was making two 60th bday cakes. One cake was a plate of brownies decorated all over the top with "grass". The cake was a blue corvette and I was asked to make (out of fondant) a flamingo wearing a chef hat driving the car and a mouse wearing a Carmen Miranda hat reading a book sitting on the passenger side. The brownies we understood the meaning behind that but no clue on this car with these creatures!

The only other thing I was once asked to make I had to refer to an "adult themed bakery" icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%