Paying Back Hubby For Always Getting Jipped...need Ideas

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 5:18am by Ballymena

BakeLoveMom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 8

I haved slowed down on my caking and cookieing...but my family and Hubby especially certainly paid the price. Their birthdays and holidays were always jipped because after I had done all my orders I had only wanted to do something quick and easy to get it done for them.

So my hubby and I met 15 years ago when we were both 15...we have been through so much, and now our Wedding Anniv. is coming up next Fri. I would like to do some nice cookies or a cake that shows I put effort and care into them just for him. Nicely decorated cookies? A small topsy turvy cake? I just don't know.

My problem is I am blanking out on ideas...I was just wondering if you had any.

Thanks so much,
Sarah

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 8

What about picking out a memory or an event that would mean something to both of you and replicating it in cake in some way?

kake4me2 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 8

How about something non-baking related a special gift or something he wants...he'd probably appreciate it more. lol icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 8

icon_twisted.gif his favorite dessert served in the boudoir while wearing ...oh..."something frilly" icon_rolleyes.gif

road of life cake with memories of the first 15 -- car only 1/4 the way up the road -- the rest of the road "great memories yet to come"

dldbrou Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 8

How about getting a camcorder and having all the people that made a difference in both of your lives record a message or a story about the two of you. Then set up a room like a theater to view the movie and laugh the night away. Maybe the cake could be a big box of popcorn to go with the theme.

BakeLoveMom Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:27am
post #6 of 8

oooooo, I love it, thanks so much for jump starting my brain icon_smile.gif I think I will combine your ideas...better get to work on a sitter icon_smile.gif Thanks so much everyone.

Sarah

mama2_3 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

icon_twisted.gif his favorite dessert served in the boudoir while wearing ...oh..."something frilly" icon_rolleyes.gif

road of life cake with memories of the first 15 -- car only 1/4 the way up the road -- the rest of the road "great memories yet to come"

You crack me up! icon_lol.gif

Ballymena Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:18am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

while wearing ...oh..."something frilly"

or whipped cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%