Paying Back Hubby For Always Getting Jipped...need Ideas

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 5:18am by Ballymena

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 8

I haved slowed down on my caking and cookieing...but my family and Hubby especially certainly paid the price. Their birthdays and holidays were always jipped because after I had done all my orders I had only wanted to do something quick and easy to get it done for them.

So my hubby and I met 15 years ago when we were both 15...we have been through so much, and now our Wedding Anniv. is coming up next Fri. I would like to do some nice cookies or a cake that shows I put effort and care into them just for him. Nicely decorated cookies? A small topsy turvy cake? I just don't know.

My problem is I am blanking out on ideas...I was just wondering if you had any.

Thanks so much,
Sarah

7 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 8

What about picking out a memory or an event that would mean something to both of you and replicating it in cake in some way?

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:00pm
post #3 of 8

How about something non-baking related a special gift or something he wants...he'd probably appreciate it more. lol icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 8

icon_twisted.gif his favorite dessert served in the boudoir while wearing ...oh..."something frilly" icon_rolleyes.gif

road of life cake with memories of the first 15 -- car only 1/4 the way up the road -- the rest of the road "great memories yet to come"

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 8

How about getting a camcorder and having all the people that made a difference in both of your lives record a message or a story about the two of you. Then set up a room like a theater to view the movie and laugh the night away. Maybe the cake could be a big box of popcorn to go with the theme.

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:27am
post #6 of 8

oooooo, I love it, thanks so much for jump starting my brain icon_smile.gif I think I will combine your ideas...better get to work on a sitter icon_smile.gif Thanks so much everyone.

Sarah

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

icon_twisted.gif his favorite dessert served in the boudoir while wearing ...oh..."something frilly" icon_rolleyes.gif

road of life cake with memories of the first 15 -- car only 1/4 the way up the road -- the rest of the road "great memories yet to come"

You crack me up! icon_lol.gif

Ballymena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ballymena Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:18am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

while wearing ...oh..."something frilly"

or whipped cream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%