Fondarific Or Choco Pan?

Decorating By Idreamofcakes Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 6:06pm by Idreamofcakes

Idreamofcakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 3

I need all the opinions I can get! Which tastes, works, and looks the best...Fondarific or choco pan? I need it for my sons grad cake 3-4 tier.
I usually don't cover in fondant because everyone likes my butter cream, but I really want the fondant look for the design i'm doing. Please any help, advice, or opinions would be so appreciated.

2 replies
anasazi17 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 3

Hello!

I haven't used Fondarific, but I only use Choco-Pan! I really like how the flavor meshes well with either BC or ganache as well as the cake. Here are some things to think of when using Choco-Pan..

If you are going for dark colors; I recommend either ordering the pre-colored Choco-pan or using an airbrush. I haven't had good success kneading in the color..the Choco-Pan can get very soft.

Practice on a cake other than the one for the day (if you can) I found Choco-Pan to be a little tricky at first icon_wink.gif It seems to be a little softer and more pliable than others I have used.

HTH
Jenny

Idreamofcakes Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your response. I was leaning that way, so it made me feel better to hear somebody else's opinion. Fortunately I only need white, all the decorations I use a gumpaste/fondant mix anyhow. My family hates the taste of fondant, but the chocopan has had such great reviews and sounds yummy, so i'm excited to try it.
Thanks again for your time, and have a great cake day!
Teri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%