Open Box Cake??

Decorating By ANNABANANA12290 Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm by cakebaker1957

ANNABANANA12290 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ANNABANANA12290 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 7

HI:

IT'S ME AGAIN. I THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTION. I HAVE ANOTHER CHALLENGE. HOW DO I MAKE THE COVER OF THE CAKE BOX TILT TO THE SIDE OF THE BOX CAKE. THANKS IN ADVANCE. ATTACHED IS A PICTURE OF A CAKE WITH THE TOP OF THE COVER TILTED TO THE SIDE. THAT IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ACCOMPLISH.

NEWBIE.
LL

6 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 7

Looks like its a separate piece, maybe styrofoam,

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 7

I made one and I used Styrofoam, and glued the fondant with corn syrup or also shortening. Make sure to have edges (you can sand it) really straight and fondant a little bit thicker than you normally will work with. Or another good option is working with RKT, it will be all edible

lucy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucy18 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:34am
post #4 of 7

I have never used this board....how do I use it when stacking a wedding cake? Can the cake sit on this board?

cakebaker1957 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 11:46am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanana

I made one and I used Styrofoam, and glued the fondant with corn syrup or also shortening. Make sure to have edges (you can sand it) really straight and fondant a little bit thicker than you normally will work with. Or another good option is working with RKT, it will be all edible

Sorry to jump in , but do you think that cornsyrup would hold a heel on a shoe good enough for support?? Im going to attach the heel tonight to the shoe part and was worried that just water wouldnt hold , i have RI i could use but i hate mixing it>
Thanks

lanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanana Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:34pm
post #6 of 7

cakerbaker1957

what you can do is simple get a little piece of gum paste, like the one you used to make the own shoe, ct it in tiny little pieces, and put just a few drops of water, then melt the gum paste plus water in the microway (i put it on those little containers where the petal dust come) when the gum paste is melted then is ready to be used as edible glue.

cakebaker1957 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:53pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanana

cakerbaker1957

what you can do is simple get a little piece of gum paste, like the one you used to make the own shoe, ct it in tiny little pieces, and put just a few drops of water, then melt the gum paste plus water in the microway (i put it on those little containers where the petal dust come) when the gum paste is melted then is ready to be used as edible glue.

Thank You, i did that in a cake class, but have forgotten that step, Thanks thats what i will do,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%