Caramel Buttercream

Baking By MammaG Updated 28 May 2013 , 3:09pm by sweetheart1978

MammaG Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:26am
post #1 of 10

My sister got a cake the other day that had caramel buttercream. I have searched and can't find a recipe. Does anyone know how to make it? Thanks so much!

9 replies
melmar02 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 4:01am
post #2 of 10

I made some the other day. I used vanilla carmel creamer instead of cream in my icing and for the filling I also added a spoonful (kitchen, not measuring) of the dipping carmel found in the produce section of the grocery store by the apples to the buttercream. I used it on a vanilla carmel cake, and I got rave reviews on it.

stresseddesserts Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 4:15am
post #4 of 10

Use all butter vanilla buttercream recipe, last add 1/2 cup or more carmel to the bc and whip on high until smooth. U can find Carmel sauce in the ice cream isle

multilayered Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 4:20am
post #5 of 10

Believe it or not I made a phenomenal caramel buttercream last week. I took 4 Cadbury Caramel Eggs chopped them up with 4 tbsp heavy cream melted them mixed it up and poured it into my buttercream and whipped it up it was soooo good!!!

metria Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 5:04am
post #6 of 10

i melt some caramel bits with some condensed milk and add that to IMBC ... yum!

RubiPumps Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #7 of 10

I made regular buttercream and added caramel ice cream topping to it. I must have reduced the liquid a bit but can't find my notes right now but it had a good caramel taste to it.

MammaG Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:57am
post #8 of 10

Thank you so much. I think I'll try the BC with just adding caramel ice cream sauce.

ladycakes85 Posted 2 May 2010 , 1:08am
post #9 of 10

Last week I made Snickers cupcakes and made a caramel frosting. I used Paula Deen's recipe found on the Food Network website and it also got rave reviews. Of course, IMO that lady can't do anything wrong! Hehe icon_smile.gif

sweetheart1978 Posted 28 May 2013 , 3:09pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiPumps 

I made regular buttercream and added caramel ice cream topping to it. I must have reduced the liquid a bit but can't find my notes right now but it had a good caramel taste to it.

is this mixture still stiff enough to pipe buttercream roses on cupcakes plz?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%