Wedding Cake Help!!!!

Decorating By patswifey Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 3:18am by leah_s

patswifey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patswifey Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 4

I am decorating my cousins wedding cake. a 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6"..The 10" would be actual cake with the rest dummy cakes. She ordered her monogrammed toppers "M" "&" "D". Unfortunately, the letters are 4.5" tall and 3" wide. I think they are WAY too big for a 6" top cake, no matter how I placed them it seemed crowded and looked wrong to me. She would really like a 5 tier cake but her base cant be any bigger than the 14". So my question is...would it look bad if I ordered a 14, 13, 12, 11, 10" dummies. would it be "squishy" w/ only 1" difference? Each dummy will be 5" tall. OR should I order odd numbers and go 15,13,11,9,7(but I still think the 7" would be too small for her letters and the 15" would hang over the cake base she ordered.) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as her wedding is in May and I am in WAY over my head!!! icon_cry.gif Thanks Everybody!!!

3 replies
dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:46am
post #2 of 4

Could you position the monogram letters in the front of the cake somehow? Maybe on the front of the middle layer? Just taking a wild stab - not really sure if that's feasible.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 4

Is each monogram 4.5"? Can she use just one monogram?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:18am
post #4 of 4

I do a LOT of wedding cakes and a lot of monograms. It's perfectly normal and even desitable for the letters and the & to overlap. It's really not a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%