Need (Non-Refrigerate) Filling Recipes

Baking By sprkl Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 5:58pm by sandy1

sprkl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sprkl Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 10

Any suggestions? I would like some recipes for fillings that do not need refrigeration once in cake. Would really like a whipped or mousse like texture. Ganache would be good too.
Thanks

9 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 10

I like adding Nutella to my buttercream for a hazelnut filling.

ange67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ange67 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:43am
post #3 of 10

I am looking for no-fridge fillings as well. making a cake for my nephew's communion and using fondant for the first time. He has a nut allergy so I can not use Nutella and I'd like something other than buttercream.
Help for this beginner too !!!

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:48am
post #4 of 10

I use party pride. It come frozen. You thaw it and mix it in the Kitchen Aid until thick. If you put a 8oz package of any kind of instant pudding in with it while it is mixing it becomes a mousse. You can also mix fruit jams with it after it's whipped or fruit fillings and it becomes that fruit mousse.
It is non-dairy and can sit out in a cool place (air conditioned for at least 24 hours) after that I would refrigerate it.

hilberry1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilberry1 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 1:28am
post #5 of 10

Where can you find Party Pride? I'm a newbie and have never heard of it, but it sounds very versatile!

Cascades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cascades Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 3:14am
post #6 of 10

Sorry, I have no glasses today and my spelling is really bad..... The product is called Pastry Pride and they sell it at Smart N Final or Food service stores such as cash and carry. It's like bettercreme but to me it's better! I worked at a bakery once that only used Pastry Pride. They were very successful! I us it to frost wedding cakes all the time. My customers love it because it's not too sweet. Google it.

hilberry1 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:20am
post #7 of 10

Thank you!

Melnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melnick Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:06pm
post #8 of 10

Add flavouring to ganache and you get a whole new world of flavours. I use liqueres or choc flavourings. Just add in once you have finished combining. Using white also means you can colour it. So if I use a strawberry flavour, I colour it pink (just so it looks the way it tastes) or if I use orange, I colour orange. I also use orange in milk choc ganache to make jaffa flavour. Malibu or coconut essence in white ganache is delicious! Especially when paired with a white choc mud cake or coconut cake! For ganache flavour combinations, try looking up chocolate truffle recipes

hilberry1 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 10

It never occurred to me to flavor ganache, Melnick. That really does open up a whole new world!

So glad this question was asked!

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 5:58pm
post #10 of 10

You can use Rich's whipped Bettercreme and add pudding mixes, sleeve fruit filling, crushed candy, crushed cookies, etc. You can purchase Rich's Bettercreme at Sam's club, in the bakery dept., it comes already whipped. You can freeze any leftover, which I'm sure you'll have because it comes in a large bucket.
Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%