Using Your Regular Cricut To Cut Gum Paste

Decorating By CindyVickers Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 1:16am by Sweet-Sensation-Cakery

CindyVickers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyVickers Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 4

I just bought a cricut machine and have read that it will cut gum paste.. Will it cut the regular gum paste bought at the store or do I need to make homemade? How do I use my mat to cut it since it's sticky. Is there a way to remove the sticky part or do I just use the other side? Can someone please let me know. Also I have read that a lot of people say you use the blue deep cut housing blade. I have the smaller cricut will that still have the blue deeper housing blade? and how much does that run? Please let me know the answers to these questions. I want to make a cake for my husband with hunting silhouettes and would like to use my cricut to cut them.

Thanks

3 replies
kathi2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathi2009 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:51am
post #2 of 4

The Linda McClure DVD explains it all...well worth purchasing!
http://www.creativedesignscakes.com/

kathi2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathi2009 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:52am
post #3 of 4

sorry... creativedesignscakes.com

Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 1:16am
post #4 of 4

Go to ebay you can get the deep housing with blade for about 14 bucks. In walmart they are 30. Also type in Read before you buy: Cricut cake vs Cricut expression. its about 5.95 it will show how to prep your machine and what to set your machine on for gumpaste etc....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%