Baking Themed Bridal Shower Cake

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 9:01pm by mama2_3

sarascakecreations Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone,

So I have a shower at the end of the month and the theme is baking. They suggested maybe a cookie jar cake but I'm nervous about it standing up and not leaning over.... should I put more than 1 cake board in between? And for those of you who use a center dowel do I need to somehow stick it through the bottom board too? I've never used center dowels.

Also... I have googled and searched on here for some baking theme cakes and can't really find anything good.... anyone know where I can look for some ideas and inspiration??

Sara

4 replies
antonia74 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 5

I did a search for "baker" and found some really cute ones!
Did you see these?
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

dalis4joe Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 7:13pm
post #3 of 5

nice pics....

yeah u have to make sure the dowel goes through the cake boards... sharpen the tip with a pencil sharpener and then kinda screw the dowel when you hit each cake board... very simple...

good luck!

sarascakecreations Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

thanks so much for all of the ideas! wow so many to chose from!

i also did a search for kitchen and found a few more... now i just have to pick lol

mama2_3 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 5

You could do several single-tier cakes. One is a pie, one is a stack of cookies, one is a loaf of bread, an empty up-side-down mixing bowl. Depending on how many you need. Then have fondant or gumpaste utensils scattered between them.

A timer, baker's hat, bag of flour or sugar.

If you just have one sheet cake to do, you could make it a bag of flour that is laying on it's side. Open at the top and spilling out onto the board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%