Icing For Costa Rica Area's

Baking By CakeRN Updated 17 May 2010 , 2:21am by CakeRN

CakeRN Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

Hey everyone. Since I don''t speak spanish I cant post this on the spanish fourm but could use some help. Right now I am on vacation in Costa Rica and one of the women at the B&B that we are staying at is taking cake decorating lessons. What is a good icing to use where the heat and humidty is high? The icing she made was cream cheese based but seems very runny for this climate. I dont think they have Crisco down here so what should they use? Also cake recipes from scratch for this area? The one she made was very dense....not fluff to it at all. Hope you can help. I am planning on going through all my cake stuff once home and send her stuff to help her.

4 replies
misabel99 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 5

Sent a pm to Marynes she is from Costa Rica I think that she can help you

CakeRN Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 5

thank you. I did look in the spanish forum and saw a recipe for icing for ? puerto Rico...it looked like they use manetca (sp) but I thought that was lard...maybe not.

MARYNES Posted 16 May 2010 , 8:41am
post #4 of 5

I was looking for something else and found this topic, maybe it is too late and you dont need any help now but let me know if you need to know about the tradicional icing we use in costa rica.

Sorry I didn't get it sooner!!!

CakeRN Posted 17 May 2010 , 2:21am
post #5 of 5

Yes I would still love to know what icing you use. The one I tasted was a cream cheese but it seemed runny. Any help you can offer is appreciated. The lady that made the cake works at a Bed and Breakfast in Grecia. She works for La Terraza. I will send the info on to her via her employer. Where in Costa Rica are you?

Quote by @%username% on %date%