Impression Mat Questions

Decorating By sweetooth94 Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 5:49pm by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

sweetooth94 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 4

OK, I need some help guys. I know I'm just being stupid with this, but I just purchased a few fun impression mats to use on cakes because I love the look. I've used the diamond one on a few purse cakes that the pattern didn't need to match, but on a round do you get the pattern to match up from where you start and where you end so that it's a seemless continuation around the cake? Is there a trick to figuring this out....icon_wink.gif ??? Tried it once for fun and they didn't match up. Thanks for any suggestions!!

3 replies
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 4

It almost never works out to match exactly...murphy's law I think lol. I just make sure I start on the back of the cake.

sweetooth94 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 4

HA! so I'm not being mental??? I look at some of these cakes in the galleries and think that they match up.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 5:49pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I can't speak for everyone....but I don't see how you could get it to workout perfectly. I don't use an impression mat so I can control more of how it works out. I use the cutter, and when I get to the back I will space just a tad on each one to make it work out closer....then I usually cover that little gap with a pearl dot or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%