Ya Gotta Love 'em Lol

Lounge By tiggerjo Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 12:04am by indydebi

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:02am
post #1 of 22

decided this weekend to for go cake making so I made a coconut cream pie for home. when hubby saw it he says "please tell me that is real and not JUST a cake that looks like a pie" good thing I love him!!!

21 replies
lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:17am
post #2 of 22

That's wonderful. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:59am
post #3 of 22

evidently you have them trained well! icon_biggrin.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:13pm
post #4 of 22

Sounds like something my viejo would say! He's tired of cake.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 22

LOL!!! My husband is sick of cake too! He asked me "Are there any pie making classes?"

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 22

That's so funny! I had a similar experience w/my husband who asked me one day, "Are you ever going to make a pie again?"

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:49pm
post #7 of 22

LOL my whole family is tired of cake. We went to a party the other day (which I made the cake for), and as they were serving cake, they asked us if we wanted any. My whole family (husband and 3 kids included) says no thanks.... they got a kick out of that. I explained that we eat too much cake. I'm always trying different recipes so I'll bake something and bring it home to "test".... which means most of the cake is ending up on my bottom!

indydebi Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 4:42pm
post #8 of 22

I'm betting all or most of us have had this conversation:

Them: Debi, I bet you guys have cake at your house ALL the time!
Me: (in a bored monotone voice) Bet we don't.

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 7:10pm
post #9 of 22

People get that concerned look on their faces when you refuse a piece of your own cake...'um, should we be eating it if you won't even eat a piece??'

Nono, its just that I smell cake ALLLL the time, I'm pretty sure I consume calories just by smelling cake, I don't even need to eat it. Then I just turn around and say, this is how big my butt is and I hardly ever even taste cake....do you know what would happen if I ate a bite of every cake I made???

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 7:36pm
post #10 of 22

Ha! I had the hardest time breaking myself from the childhood habit of "cleaning" the batter and frosting bowls!!! Sometimes I still almost do it out when I'm not thinking about it!!!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 10:23pm
post #11 of 22

My husband is tired of cake too and looks forward to anything I might make that isn't cake (or cake related).

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 10:32pm
post #12 of 22

My grown daughters have smelled buttercream for so long that they never want cake!
I get one a pecan pie and a key lime pie for the other and they are happy! So am I, it only takes a few minutes to take it out of the freezer and NO DECORATING!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 10:41pm
post #13 of 22

That is why I'm a tough judge about my cakes. I don't really care too much for cake, I'll eat a little bit, but its never been my top dessert choice. People will be saying how good the cake is, and i'm like, its o.k. The only time I really craved cake is when I was doing low carb diet, no sugar, I would look at the grocery store cakes, and want some, I never do that normally.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 10:56pm
post #14 of 22

My hubby likes cake scraps but we don't bring any home. Scraps go home with the caterers I rent from or they go in the trash.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:04pm
post #15 of 22

Yeah, I love to decorate 'em but I'd rather eat pie icon_smile.gif

candynumber1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candynumber1 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:05pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsonblackvelvet13

Sounds like something my viejo would say! He's tired of cake.

Lol! same in my household

fabray13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabray13 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:21pm
post #17 of 22

LOL! this is too funny! My mom made a delish blackberry pie yesterday and said it was so nice to have a slice of pie!! I had to agree =)

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 11:24pm
post #18 of 22

We refuse a piece of cake at parties too! Completely sick of cake. I've smelled buttercream so much I couldn't tell the other day if I added the vanilla or not! icon_lol.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 11:53am
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Yeah, I love to decorate 'em but I'd rather eat pie icon_smile.gif

Love to decorate cakes, but prefer pie, too. Give me a good apple pie, any day.

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 10:53pm
post #20 of 22

Hey! We need to be careful not to let the "PIE" secrete out! How in the world could we make a beautifully decorated "Wedding Pie"? Buttercream blueberries anyone? icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 10:54pm
post #21 of 22

whenever my kids go to other kids' birthday parties everyone always gives them a little slice of cake (really urks them) and then says "I'm sure you're sick of cake, with all the cake you guys have at your house huh?" To which my kids say........."they're all for customers, we don't get ANY!!!!!" lol

poor things, I do have to remember to throw them scraps here and there (but what about cake balls and the little tacos?) lol

indydebi Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 12:04am
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

To which my kids say........."they're all for customers, we don't get ANY!!!!!" lol

icon_lol.gif Same here! I tried to tell my youngest how she would be able to tell her kids how there were always cookies in her house while she was growing up. To which she forlornly replied, "Yeah, but I'm not allowed to have any of 'em!" icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%