9Oz Party Cups For Cupcake Packaging?

Baking By chilz822 Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 7:29pm by KKristy

chilz822 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 5

Hi all,
I read in a post (can't find it now!) where someone used the 9oz sized clear plastic cups for individual cupcake packaging. I was wondering where the best place to purchase them would be... or is a party shop the best bet?
As for the lids, are you using flat lids (and getting them from the same supplier, or dome lids?

Do they transport well or do you have aproblem with frosting rubbing against the insode of the cup?

Thanks in advance!

4 replies
QueenBee1 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 3:10am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

I can't comment on how well they work, because I haven't used them yet. But, I also saw several posts on this and bought them from a restaurant supply store (Restaurant Depot) here in Chicago. I actually bought the 16 oz. size and a separate package of the flat lids. I bought the taller cups to allow for a larger cupcake and, perhaps, a tall swirl of frosting.

As described by others, I plan to place the cupcake on the lid and then place the cup upside down over the lid. I am going to use these to sell cupcakes at the farmers market this summer. I haven't yet figured out how I will transport them to the market so the frosting doesn't get messed up. I too would welcome feedback from those who have used this same type of packaging.

chilz822 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 5

Ahhhh... upside down.... I like this idea! icon_wink.gif
I too am considering the market-thing and they have to pre-approve my packaging, labels, etc ahead of time (It's actually an arts market in a historically preserved part of town)...

I thought the cups would take up less room and be less expensive than boxes...

MommaBay Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 5

My local PaperTown sells plastic individual cupcake holders and they are great. they are .39 each for the non-bulk discount. They make the cupcakes look so much more higher class. When I arrive with my cupackes in these containers (they also have 6-pack and 12-pack ones) I always get compliments on the box they are in as well. icon_smile.gif

KKristy Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 5

MommaBay,
Do you happen to have a picture of those holders? Sounds like what I am looking for !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%