Making Ganache Step By Step With Pictures

Decorating By goldenangel88 Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm by cheatize

goldenangel88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenangel88 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:02am
post #1 of 15

I've gotten a few people on here that think that puting a tutorial of making ganache with pictures is unnecessary. But I hope this picture can help others like myself that are visual learners. I'm the type of person who buys the cookbook with pictures.

I uploaded this picture to the template and patern gallery on Satruday but it was removed by CC and I was told to put it on a forum.

After some technical difficulties with the size of my photo, I've finally managed to get it right. I hope this helps. This is for all the people who saved this photo into their favorites Saturday and anyone else who needs it.
Thanks
LL

14 replies
malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:18am
post #2 of 15

This should NOT be confused with the ganache that you use UNDER fondant

awestervelt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awestervelt Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #3 of 15

How do I save this in favorites so that I can view it easily? I don't want to have to search for it everytime I want to look at it. I wish someone would do a visual for quilting. icon_biggrin.gif I'm with you I learn by pictures!!

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #4 of 15

Thanks for your time and for the posting. I too like pictures!

crumbcake Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:25am
post #5 of 15

Which ganache do you use under fondant. I would like to try it, a change from BC.

goldenangel88 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:29am
post #6 of 15

As far as using it under fondant...with ganche you can let it cool then whip it with a mixer and it makes a frosting. That is what I covered the cake with in the picture when I poured the "pouring ganache" over it. It sets up firm in the refrigerator really well. I hope this helps.

crumbcake Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:39am
post #7 of 15

So then it's more of a frosting, not like the smooth ganache on top.

goldenangel88 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:45am
post #8 of 15

Here is the picture of the whipped ganache on the cake. For those who wish to see if it can be used under fondant. It sets up firm when chilled. I hope this helps.
LL

crumbcake Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:47am
post #9 of 15

Again thanks

goldenangel88 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:48am
post #10 of 15

Crumbcake...This cake has a double layer of ganache. It is covered with the whipped ganache like a frosting and chilled in order to have a smooth base for the warm poured ganache. I hope that helps

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:48am
post #11 of 15

u don't have to whip the ganache to use it under fondant.... u can spread it without whipping it.... just let it cool and the ratio is 2:1 chocolate to heavy cream...

hth

BTW: Thanks for the pictorial.... I always like pics to refrnce to....

to save it... just add to your favorites in your browser awestervelt icon_smile.gif

hails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hails Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:55am
post #12 of 15

Awesome, thanks so much.

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 1:06am
post #13 of 15

Actually whipping is NOT advised for ganache under fondant - it introduces air which provides a perfect environment for bacteria to grow and since these ganached, fondanted cakes are not being refrigerated NOT something to do - it is best to follow guidelines set for one method and not cause confusion by blending techniques designed for different purposes

goldenangel88 Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 15

I dont work with fondant anymore since I got Sugarshacks Buttercream DVD and I just design cakes as a hobby. Thank you Malakainrop for letting others know about wipped ganache for a base for fondant cakes.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm
post #15 of 15

Right click on the picture, then choose "save picture as" from the menu that comes up, and save the picture onto your computer. You can also click "watch this topic for replies" at the bottom of the page to keep tabs on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%