Edible Image Not Printing Properly

Decorating By sicookie Updated 3 May 2010 , 2:27am by icingimages

sicookie Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 11:35pm
post #1 of 14

I'm hoping you all can help me. I have an Epson NX200 printer. I cannot get it to print a proper image. I have tried cleaning the print head many times, but I am still missing some horizontal lines in the printed image. when I do a nozzle check, there are lines missing too. Does anybody have an ideas?

13 replies
Price Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 14

I have an Epson 5800x. It has a cleaning cycle. Sometimes that helps me. Check your manual to see if your model has the cleaning cycle. Is it just new or have you used it before for images?

sicookie Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 14

I've only been able to print one image when it was brand new. I've done the cleaning cycle about 20 times today and the images i'm printing are still missing some horizontal lines. icon_cry.gif

cakesmade4u Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:19am
post #4 of 14

I to would like to know, have the exact same one with the exact same problem. It's a pitb I haven't tried the cleaner yet but I ended investing in a canon because you can take the whole ink holder out and clean it out if it dries, the epson you can't I still have it in hope to find away to solve this problem too. If I find away Ill be sure to let you know for now it is just sitting pretty...

sicookie Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:59am
post #5 of 14

thanks. I'm so disappointed because i'm really anxious to do some edible images.

icingimages Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:23am
post #6 of 14

You can try getting a steamer and steaming out the area where the inks go in to the printer. For anything but wide format, I suggest Canon with the removable printhead, but I only like the Epson Workforce 1100 for wideformat.

sicookie Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 2:42am
post #7 of 14

Thanks Debbie. That seems like it would do the trick. I did wipe the print head with a damp paper towel, then let it sit for a while. It did work though I think the print quality could be better. Maybe steaming it will be better.

bsalto Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:15pm
post #8 of 14

For my epson I have to change the paper to Matte and photo quality or I get those lines. Hope this helps

bsalto Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 14

Me again. I was printing a test page every month so it wouldn't clog. I got lazy and hadn't done it in 5 months. Guess what the black clogged. I didn't want to wait to buy the Syringe Printhead Cleaning Kit so I went to walmart and got the fishline tube like the one for the kit, the pharmacy gave me a syrince with no needle, I bought distilled water and took out all the cartriges and flushed out all the gunk out. I put papertowl underneath the printhead so it wouldn't flow into the printer. Worked like a charm. My black is not clogged anymore and my lines are back. I had to print 3 times after I cleaned it. Not major printing for my tests. I had four words one in black, red, blue and yellow in 36 font and now my printer is back to normal.

sicookie Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:47am
post #10 of 14

thanks BSalto. When you way you put the paper towel underneath the printhead, do you mean when you're storing the printer?

bsalto Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:45pm
post #11 of 14

No, I put the papertowl underneath the print head when I sprayed the water through the tube (that I bought for a fish tank air tube thingy) So the water gets absorbed in the papertowel and doesn't wet the rest of the printer.

bsalto Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:53pm
post #12 of 14

If you look at this YOUTUBE video

it shows the type of syringe and air tube. Again I used a syringe the pharmacy gave me and fish tank air tube. The video was not for my printer, but I added the papertowel and it shows you how to put the tube in the printer head. Everything else really didn't pertain to my printer but it worked for my printer and works fine now. I used distilled water.

sicookie Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:24pm
post #13 of 14

WOW!!!! Thank you so much BSalto!! This looks like it will DEFINITELY do the trick. I can't wait to try it. Thank you so much!

icingimages Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:27am
post #14 of 14

That is a really cool trick! Let us know how it goes

Quote by @%username% on %date%