Tip #17?

Baking By TickleMySweetTooth Updated 2 May 2010 , 8:43pm by ninatat

TickleMySweetTooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all,
I saw some pretty cupcakes where the person said they used a #17 tip.. the only 17 I see seems small.. is there another one?

6 replies
ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 7

I found a set of them on the Australian Ebay. There is a set of 6 star piping tips - 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17. If you click on the web page and look under the first photo on the left you will see small thumbnail photos of each tip. The #17 is the last thumbnail.

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Loyal-Star-Piping-Tube-Nozzle-Plastic_W0QQitemZ180488557379QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Business_Industrial_Restaurant_Catering_Equipment?hash=item2a05f4d343.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, that does help! did not even think to check ebay icon_smile.gif

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 7

Actually I used a search engine to look for tips by Loyal because the link you posted made a reference to that tip. I kept clicking on links and reading and eventually found a site that had a photo of one. Just a little detective work that's all icon_smile.gif

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 7

lol see when they said loyal 17.. I thought they meant like 'their loyal tip #17'.. not knowing that loyal was a brand icon_lol.gif

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 7

That is funny, I was looking for the same thing, and actually thought loyal means the best tip they have icon_rolleyes.gif
I found that numbers refer to the tip's opening in millimeters, so for #17 it means 17 millimeters, but the tip is not straight and that is why they make the perfect star shape.
Check the sizing on cakedecoration dot com
LL

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 2 May 2010 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 7

i got the ateco 869 it the one i bought after seeing some beautiful cupcakes on here really clean lines and she said this is the tip she used. i did a post and someone found the picture, i think it started lol i'll have to go look it's down a little on this page

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%