Tip #17?

Baking By TickleMySweetTooth Updated 2 May 2010 , 8:43pm by ninatat

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 7

Hey all,
I saw some pretty cupcakes where the person said they used a #17 tip.. the only 17 I see seems small.. is there another one?

6 replies
ptanyer Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 7

I found a set of them on the Australian Ebay. There is a set of 6 star piping tips - 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, and 17. If you click on the web page and look under the first photo on the left you will see small thumbnail photos of each tip. The #17 is the last thumbnail.

Here's the link:

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:27pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, that does help! did not even think to check ebay icon_smile.gif

ptanyer Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 7

Actually I used a search engine to look for tips by Loyal because the link you posted made a reference to that tip. I kept clicking on links and reading and eventually found a site that had a photo of one. Just a little detective work that's all icon_smile.gif

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 7

lol see when they said loyal 17.. I thought they meant like 'their loyal tip #17'.. not knowing that loyal was a brand icon_lol.gif

infinitsky Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #6 of 7

That is funny, I was looking for the same thing, and actually thought loyal means the best tip they have icon_rolleyes.gif
I found that numbers refer to the tip's opening in millimeters, so for #17 it means 17 millimeters, but the tip is not straight and that is why they make the perfect star shape.
Check the sizing on cakedecoration dot com

ninatat Posted 2 May 2010 , 8:43pm
post #7 of 7

i got the ateco 869 it the one i bought after seeing some beautiful cupcakes on here really clean lines and she said this is the tip she used. i did a post and someone found the picture, i think it started lol i'll have to go look it's down a little on this page

Quote by @%username% on %date%