I Made My First Batch Of Cake Balls!!!!

Decorating By Calgary_Mama Updated 28 Apr 2010 , 2:35am by mamawrobin

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 6

I did it! Holy smokes, I thought it was going to be so much harder to mix the cake with the icing... I was like my cake isn't crumbly enough, It needs to be dryer, its too moist, then I youtube'd it icon_smile.gif I love youtube. and just went with it.
I made a few larger ones for "cake pops" and the rest of the balls (not all done yet) are smaller bite sized pieces icon_smile.gif nice for a little sweet treat that's not too bad.
Oh and I substituted the oil in my cake recipe for apple sauce! I dind't have plain, lol so I used berry flavored apple sauce LOL no sugar added.
ITS AMAZING!!!!! I am hooked icon_smile.gif

Anyhow, here's my balls and pops icon_smile.gif
my daughter and her friend helped me with "decorating" with the white chocolate. They're fun to make, but learned very quickly to only take a couple of the pops out of the freezer at one time, or else they begin to soften and makes it hard to keep them on the sticks.
LL
LL
LL

5 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 6

Good for you! They look great; what flavors did you use?

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 6

Great job!! Aren't they fun? Great way to use up cake scraps and extra frosting too!

JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 6

Very nice! I love making them, too. I just wish I could charge more for them because they really do take as much time (or more!) to make as cupcakes!

Calgary_Mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calgary_Mama Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:32am
post #5 of 6

I just did my favorite chocolate cake recipe with vanilla buttercream, covered in milk chocolate (the light cocoa flavored candy melts from Wilton) and drizzled with White chocolate. Holy smokes they were sure loved in this house! I'm folllowing Weight Watchers, and am PMSing right now LOL, nooot a good thing to have in my house, I've been snacking like there's no tomorrow on them!!! lol so delish icon_smile.gif can't wait to experiment more with different flavors icon_smile.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 28 Apr 2010 , 2:35am
post #6 of 6

I love red velvet cake balls dipped in white chocolate. YUM I just use a little cream cheese for the binder (very little) and those things are to die for. I swear I've gained 20 pounds over the last 4 months because of them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%