Rubber Flooring?

Decorating By HowCoolGomo1 Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 2:25am by funcakes

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 4:04am
post #1 of 5

Anyone out there have it?

I'm thinking I want to put it in my cake room.

Right now, it's no more expensive than cheap laminate and looks like it could be more hygienic.

I looked up recycled rubber flooring or rubber flooring. Supposedly it's used in the restaurant business.

4 replies
LisaR64 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 5

I have the 2' x 2' rubber squares that you put together like puzzle pieces on the floor in my bakery and absolutely LOVE them. They are so easy to clean, and if one gets damaged, I just take it out and replace it. The only downside I've seen so far is, they squish down a little if you set very heavy items on them.

I would think real rubber floors would be an excellent choice, as they would probably be stronger than the cheaper rubber squares I have.

Elaine2581 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 5

I have a kitchen floor by Karndean and it looks like a hardwood floor. You can also get it to look like ceramic tile. You might like to check out their website. I love it but the down side is that they recommend using their cleaning products to maintain the 20 yr. warantee and I can't find anyone locally who sells them. The flooring store from which we made our floor purchase went out of business just after we bought it so we buy the supplies on line. Just another option.

indydebi Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 5

If this is a health dept inspected kitchen, make sure they approve the flooring. I had strict guidelines and limitations on what kind of flooring I could have in the shop.

funcakes Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:25am
post #5 of 5

DH has been in floor covering since he was a kid and had to work with his dad. Rubber flooring is great for those who have to stand for long periods of time. Some of the types of rubber flooring may stain if exposed to spills of grease or cooking oil. A company named Johnsonite (not sure of spelling) makes a brand of rubber flooring that is designed to resist these types of stains and is excellent for kitchen floors.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%