Help!! Cake For Grandma! Simple Easy Ideas??!!

Decorating By CakesbyJosie Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 1:02am by Kitagrl

CakesbyJosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyJosie Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 6

So my dad decides to tell me that they're throwing a party for my grandma tomorrow!! =O and he wants me to make the cake!! ahhhhh!! i have no idea what to do!! I know i should do something simple and easy but i have no idea what??! any suggestions?? ANYTHING Will help at this point! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Mombo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mombo Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 6

Depending on how many you need to feed... You can make a sheet cake...frost it in her favorite color and then do some scroll work with her initials in the center inside a geographic design (circle, square, hexagon)

Does she have any hobbies?

Best of Luck

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 2:39am
post #3 of 6

You could do a simple hat cake if you have a round cake board. Roll out fondant on the board and cut to fit. This would be the brim. Then do just a round cake, cover with fondant and put a ribbon around it. Maybe make some quick flowers to decorate. Just an idea. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

CakesbyJosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyJosie Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 6

I'm not good with writing stuff on cake! ugh! I tried doing spider webs on my nefew's spiderman cake and it sucked! lol But anyways, thanks for the ideas! i didn't get to read them until to day but thanks! Oh and heres's what i ended up doing... icon_smile.gif
LL

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:47am
post #5 of 6

Very pretty and sunny! Nice job on such short notice. thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 1:02am
post #6 of 6

For a last minute cake I LOVE that Kit Kat basket cake full of M&Ms....well if she loves chocolate anyway...and tied with a big pretty fluffy bow. So easy, quick, and fool-proof!

You could even use the white chocolate Kit Kats and maybe some of the pink and white M&Ms and tied in a pink bow...I haven't seen one like that but it sounds pretty to me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%