Anybody Ever Use The High Ratio.....

Decorating By Ms_Rose_Heartsfield Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 5:26am by DerrellC

Ms_Rose_Heartsfield Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ms_Rose_Heartsfield Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Everyone in CC,
I'm new here and have been reading alot about high ratio shortening and was wondering has anyone used the new trans fat free version offered by the baker's kitchen. And if you did does it perform the same as regular high ratio shortening. I appreciate any feed back thank you.

6 replies
MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 4:56pm
post #2 of 7

You know, I dont usually make my own icing for cakes, but when I first started, I tried the High Ratio stuff and I think it works better actually. The taste is great, too.

I prefer it when I'm in a pinch and out of icing.

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 7

I have used Sweetex for years. I love it. It doesn't have the greasy mouthfeel of like Crisco. You can make your buttercream cakes look like fondant with the viva paper towel method. I really like working with it. I won't use anything else as far as shortenings Hope this helps thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 7

I have not tried the trans fat free version, but I use Alpine all the time and like it a lot.

nanny4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanny4 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 7

Hi-Ratio works wonderful for me!! thumbs_up.gif

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:09pm
post #6 of 7

I use CK product and love, love, love it!! icon_biggrin.gif I will not use crisco, etc. any more. I have not tried the transfat free one.

DerrellC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DerrellC Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 5:26am
post #7 of 7

Another decorator gave us some Sweetex to try. GOODBUY Crisco !!! Just picked up a 50 lb. box this week. Cann't beleive the taste and ability to smooth out using Viva paper towels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%