Leftover Ganache

Decorating By PTBUGZY1 Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 10:31pm by bobwonderbuns

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 14

ok ganache.... I haven't worked out how much is needed for a cake yet so I always have leftovers icon_surprised.gif , what can I do with it? freeze-how long? fridge-how long. Any other ideas? TIA icon_smile.gif

13 replies
MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 14

I fridge mine, it's good for at least a week, just try it if you keep it for longer.

If it fridges hard, you can scoop it out and make truffles, reheat it slightly and dip fruit in it, make a fondue with it, whip it up and use it instead of whipped cream on desserts... whip it up and add whipped cream and make mousse with it...

Clearly my ganache never sits out for very long =P

Jasmine

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 14

It will stay in the fridge for about a week. Not sure how long in the freezer. You can alway make truffles out of it. icon_smile.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 14

The above ideas sound great or you could just take a big ole spoon and eat it!! icon_smile.gif

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 14

How would you make truffles out of it? I can only picture it melting, becoming a gooey mess once dipped into warm chocolate as a covering. Has anyone done this and if so, can you share how?
Thanks for any ideas.

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 7:42pm
post #6 of 14

You take a spoon or a truffle scoop and scoop up some ganache. Then you roll it into a ball in your hands and place them on wax paper. You want about a 1 inch ball. Then you put them in the fridge to let them set up. I usually let them set for 30 minutes but my house is wormer than most so I make sure that they won't melt while dipping them. Then before you take them out of the fridge melt the dipping chocolate and then dip the truffles. Then put the truffles back in the fridge until the outer coating is set.

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 14

Thank you; maybe I will try it later. I may need to do it to see it not melting like I imagine!
Thanks!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:43pm
post #8 of 14

Make a batch of Toba Garretts chocolate frosting. I cut the recipe in half when I make it. It is the best frosting I have found and it uses ganache in the recipe.

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 9:56pm
post #9 of 14

Eat the left overs with a spoon icon_smile.gif

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:09pm
post #10 of 14

I agree with msulli10 - Leftover ganache is not a good thing at my house!!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:12pm
post #11 of 14

Serve warm over ice cream....

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:19pm
post #12 of 14

Make a small 4 or 6 inch chocolate cake. Put buttercream on it, then pipe tubes of buttercream across the top (take the tip off the coupler and use that thickness). Put two or three "snakes" across the top with space in between. Freeze for 30 minutes. Pour melted ganache over the whole cake and voila -- a mini bumpy cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:23pm
post #13 of 14

PTB....better watch out...sounds like everybody just might end up at YOUR house for leftover ganache! haha.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:31pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

PTB....better watch out...sounds like everybody just might end up at YOUR house for leftover ganache! haha.

I know! I made myself hungry after my last post! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%