Good Cake Decorating Supply Store In Los Angeles Area

Decorating By kake4me2 Updated 4 May 2010 , 4:53am by ceshell

kake4me2 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 13

Actually have free time today and need supplies e.g.... pans edible images food color etc............Any suggestions

The North Area of Los Angles towards the Valley or Pasadena maybe?????

12 replies
cerasmiles Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 13

Before I moved to chicago I used to go here. Thet are in pasadena... I hope this helps

kake4me2 Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:14am
post #3 of 13

Kake Kreations in Conoga Park....FANTASTIC!!!

ceshell Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 8:09am
post #4 of 13

A&J Cake and Candy in Glendora is the only place in the LA/OC area where I have found Rich's Bettercreme, and they have tons of other stuff too. Surfas in Culver City is a restaurant supply store but they have a lot of cake products, with GREAT prices on pans. Limited selection of little doodads like Americolor and etc., but they make up for it by carrying cocoa, chocolate, sugar crystals...TONS of other stuff. WORTH a trip! There is also NY Cake Supply in West LA on Pico near Overland, which is the only place in town where I've found PME cutters. Gloria's in Culver City carries Sweetex hi-ratio shortening plus tons of other supplies, although they're a little pricy. Cake Palace in Carson is a favorite of mine but that hardly counts as North LA.

Anyway I know you posted this at 7am looking for shops for TODAY (well, yesterday at this point!) but I figured I'd pass these other places along in case you were interested for another day icon_smile.gif.

kake4me2 Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 2:19am
post #5 of 13

Thanks, I did Surfas, but they got bought out and their stock was depleated. Actually found Kake Kreations after going to Star Resturant Supply and they gave me KK business card.... Turned out okay....

Jeep_girl816 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:14am
post #6 of 13

Thanks guys! I'm heading to LA area 1st of June to visit DH's family and was just wondering the same thing icon_smile.gif

snowboarder Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:48am
post #7 of 13

Parrish's in Gardena, home of Magic Line.

Ren715 Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:21am
post #8 of 13

Kake Kreations in Canoga Park has a great supply of everything and the staff is very helpful and super friendly. I go there often. There is a huge parking lot right behind the store.

ceshell Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:55am
post #9 of 13

Do any of you Valley-ites know if Kake Kreations carries Rich's Bettercreme? The closest place I have been able to find w/it is all the way in Glendora. That was quite a hike! I can get Rich's Whip-N-Ice in Carson but that stuff isn't shelf-stable for longer than 4 hours. Thanks in advance!

SBaker Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:02pm
post #10 of 13

Kake Kreations carries Rich's but not Bettercreme. Some of the Smart & Final stores carry Bettercreme.

ceshell Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:39pm
post #11 of 13

Grr. Thanks for the info. S&F only carries chocolate Bettercreme. For plain/vanilla at S&F you have to get Pastry Pride/Frostin' Pride, which IMO have a waxy mouth feel and chemical aftertaste. Do you know which Rich's product Kake Kreations carries, if it's not Bettercreme?

SBaker Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:44am
post #12 of 13

Kake Kreations carries Whip-N-Ice. Sorry. They carry another whipped topping from BakeMark that is quite good and very stable. It is, also, in the freezer section. It is whiter than the others and not as sweet. It does not shrink or separate.

ceshell Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:53am
post #13 of 13

Thx for the info! I can get Whip N Ice over here, but that's good to know, for anyone near the Valley side of LA who wants Bettercreme but doesn't mind having an only 4-hr countertop window. I use WNI when I don't mind refrigerating, it's the same taste and effect as Bettercreme and I don't have to drive 60 miles to get it LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%