Question On You Preference As Far As Pans Go..

Baking By TickleMySweetTooth Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 6:40pm by TickleMySweetTooth

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 2:27am
post #1 of 7

Hey all,

Sorry, 1 more question! icon_smile.gif

Right now I have silicon cupcake pans. I really love them, but notice that they make a more taller thinner cupcake then tradition cupcake baking pans( you know more shorter and fatter)..they take same amount of batter.. they just produce a little bit of a different looking cupcake is all.
Was wondering what your preference is as far as pans go?
And why?

6 replies
TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 7

anyone? please icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 7

Personally ive never gotten away with the silicone, I think it feels funny lol!

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 7

as in the texture of the cake it produces? or just in general you don't like the feel of the pan?
And the reason I personally have been using silicon is because most the other cupcake pans I see are non stick, I don't use any non stick/teflon in my home because I have parrots. Are there nice heavy stainless cupcake pans?

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:34pm
post #5 of 7

^ Nevermind last post.
I did end up answering my own question.. Now to see if I can find locally or have to buy online.
I DO want to have the fatter/shorter cupcakes.. I do want to eventually get a cupcake stand and think that I just don't be able to fit the tall skinny cakes in as good as the tradition size.

tesso Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 7

I have regular metal pans, I dont use nonstick-dont want to be bothered with cleaning them delicately. you can find them at walmart, dollar stores, etc. pretty cheap around $3-$5 a pan.

TickleMySweetTooth Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 6:40pm
post #7 of 7

thanks so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%