Wow Fondarific!

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 24 Apr 2010 , 10:08pm by sweettreat101

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 12:24am
post #1 of 5

I just have to say how wonderful they have been so far! I called and asked some questions on Wed. They were so awesome and helpful. I placed and order online late in the afternoon Wed. I got a shipment email on Thurs and the fondant was at my door today. WOOHOO

The Mocha fondant smells amazing if you like coffee. I do not like coffee but love the smell of it and it was great. Cant speak for the taste but the smell was awesome.

Does anyone know the fondant is kind of soft; much softer than Wilton is this normal of is it because of the heat in Florida. Just want to make sure next week when I go to use it I will be ok.

TIA

4 replies
cakesbymark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymark Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 12:33am
post #2 of 5

it is soft, will stretch very easy when working with it just roll it out alittle thicker than you would and you will be fine, i have used the buttercream flavor and it tastes pretty good...

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:50am
post #3 of 5

Yes, it works really well here in Florida....and it stands up to the humidity quite well...I, too, do not drink nor like coffee...However, I LOVE the mocha fondant, as well as coffee ice cream...Go figure!

Paul

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 5

I live in Florida and found Fondarific too "stretchy' to use. I loved the flavors and colors, but just couldn't make it work. Maybe the problem was something I wasn't doing. Satin Ice works perfectly every time.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 24 Apr 2010 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 5

I ordered the sample pack and I to like the smell of the Mocha fondant. I'm not a coffee lover but I did like the taste of the fondant. It was actually my favorite out the the six I purchased. If you order from Fondantsource.com the fondant is less expensive and so is the shipping. I was planning on placing an order for a wedding cake I am making in June. I need to make grass strands that stickup the sides of the cake and the bottom layers I will be using a silicone mold to make tree bark. I emailed Fondarific and asked if there would be a problem using the fondant to mold and they told me that you should add 1 tablespoon of Tylose per pound of fondant. The fondant was made to cover cakes easily not so much to mold or shape. They are coming out with modeling chocolate soon. I liked the flavor of the chocolate Fondarific better than Satin Ice. The bottom tier will be completely covered with chocolate fondant with the fondant bark around the sides to resemble a tree trunk. Do you think I should order the Fondarific for the bottom and stick with Satin Ice for the grass? I don't want the grass blades falling down. TIA

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%